Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2018, 08:28 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It will be interesting to see if Adam gets a meaningful response. PPG would seem to be a relatively inexpensive marketing tool.

06-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #17
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Glad to see someone has access. It is still not working over here, Just getting black screen.

snip

Interestingly, i can see the exif data, I can't see an enlarged image, the button works, a new window opens but no image. I CAN vote. Question is should I? I tried on a couple and it seemed to respond and a new black window was presented. What I was voting on? Apologies if I rejected a great image or passed a bad one.

I also tried three other browsers as well as Firefox, Chrome and Windows Edge and Firefox on my Iphone. All with the same result.
I wonder if you have a setting where you can not display images. Can you see images when you go to the normal web site?

Also, for those complaining about the speed of acceptance. Just how many times have you gone to the site and picked through the selections? If what you are doing is adding to the que and not selecting images, then you could be part of the problem. Ricoh appears to not really care all that much about PPG as evidenced by no K-1, KP etc. settings for "camera type" and by heavens they are not going to "judge" the images. For heavens sake they forget to do the yearly update on the domain name. If you want to have less time for images in the que, then start voting.
06-27-2018, 08:43 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
I wonder if you have a setting where you can not display images. Can you see images when you go to the normal web site?

Also, for those complaining about the speed of acceptance. Just how many times have you gone to the site and picked through the selections? If what you are doing is adding to the que and not selecting images, then you could be part of the problem. Ricoh appears to not really care all that much about PPG as evidenced by no K-1, KP etc. settings for "camera type" and by heavens they are not going to "judge" the images. For heavens sake they forget to do the yearly update on the domain name. If you want to have less time for images in the que, then start voting.
I can see images in the various collections, I can see my own gallery, both accepted and pending, so there is no issue there that I am aware of. I have allowed pop up windows for PPG . Not that I think that was ever an issue, I was voting heavily for the last couple of weeks, to the point where I had no images to vote on at times. So I think I have been doing my bit. Over to the Ricoh folks now.
08-15-2018, 07:12 AM   #19
Forum Member

Looks like it's Down again, I have had images uploaded before Christmas and last time I checked they were still under pending approval status. I guess who ever owns or manages this once inspiring gallery just don't care. Personally I think this gallery is a trade mark to the Pentax name, and should still be active for inspiring photos.

Though I have to admit the quality of the photos uploaded were getting worst. Some users should take the time to actually read the disclaimer and post pics that will encourage and inspire others.

Most of the "shite" I have been thumbing down should be posted on Facebook and let Facebook have the rights to them.

Anyhow, for those of you have posted incredible images, I thank you for your efforts and inspiration.

08-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had a real issue with PPG lately - I cannot upload a photo. I go through the routine, and then the screen goes blank white. When I re-access the site, my photo data is there, but NOT the photo. I then delete the pointless data. This has been going on for 3 weeks now. I sent a note of concern to the site's keepers, but no response. Has this happened to anyone else??? Color me disgusted.

John
08-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PALADIN85020 Quote
I have had a real issue with PPG lately - I cannot upload a photo. I go through the routine, and then the screen goes blank white. When I re-access the site, my photo data is there, but NOT the photo. I then delete the pointless data. This has been going on for 3 weeks now. I sent a note of concern to the site's keepers, but no response. Has this happened to anyone else??? Color me disgusted.

John
I had the same issue a few months ago, so I gave up. Contacting the sites keepers tends to be a waste of time, they never respond I automatically assume its going to be gone soon.
08-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wouldn't try logging in anyway. The security certificate expired yesterday and hasn't been updated. I have had photos in the queue for more than seven months.

10-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #23
Forum Member

Looks like pics are slowly going through approval process. Has anyone been able to upload of lately? I haven't made any attempts since summer.
10-27-2018, 10:02 AM   #24
PDL
Pentaxian

I just logged on and all I get in the vote on photos box is a black x. No images show - so it is still broken.

This is getting to be very disappointing.
10-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Uploading still doesn't work, but I can vote on photos.
10-27-2018, 09:52 PM   #26
Forum Member

My guess the queue is really backed up, because photos are getting either approved or declined. We can still vote, but it's gonna take a while. Let's just hope this will clear up.
12-17-2018, 05:26 PM   #27
PDL
Pentaxian

PPG certificate died today.

"It's dead Jim"

I sent them a message, but do not expect Ricoh to respond as they are slowly killing off the Pentax name.
12-17-2018, 11:35 PM   #28
PDL
Pentaxian

More Information:

Really Ricoh?

Last edited by PDL; 02-02-2019 at 04:08 PM.
12-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #29
PDL
Pentaxian

It looks like they renewed the certificate for 90 days, so we can expect it to die next year. Still broken though.
Interesting that DPR has a better response than here...

Last edited by PDL; 02-02-2019 at 04:08 PM.
04-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #30
Forum Member

Anyone have any updates on this gallery?