Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2018, 02:33 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Been away for a while.

Weather was not conducive to film photography, and on-call requirements plus kids' drama rehearsals etc. etc... all of this conspired to stop me from being in the darkroom for ages, plus the dreary weather and fatigue from Single In after Single In had worn me out.

I recently rediscovered the joy of K-1 when Olympic figure skater Kaetlyn Osmond was part of an ice show that my kids were in, and then my wife gently suggested in the wake of this that a high quality lens was essential for taking pictures of their dance recital this year.

Enter the D-FA* 70-200/2.8, fully approved by my wife despite all my warnings as to the cost.

Tonight, the stars aligned such that I was in the darkroom for the first time in months. I think my chemicals may have expired (both the Ilfosol 3 and the Rapid Fix had a decided floaty-deposit look to them), but both films turned out alright and my new darkbag (the old one died in a washing machine encounter) proved itself by the fact of meaningful results.

SO... I'm back, I guess.

(Yes, mods, I know - I'm talking about photography. But this is in the context of the hobby and where it's fitting into my life right now, not technical details. So I didn't know of any better place to put it.)

05-28-2018, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome back...
05-28-2018, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome back Pathdoc
05-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Darkrooms, rapid fixer, tanks and trays: I remember them well. Nothing beats the fun of watching that image materialise in the developer under red light. Happy days!