Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 62 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Was that a weekly dosage? I suspect what I took back in 1980 may have been a different drug. I just remember severe intestinal discomfort. (every week, for days.)
No, 3x daily! Similar symptoms.

06-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Wandering off topic but does anyone else have experience of/believe in lucid dreams,where you are conscious you are dreaming and can to an extent control them?I have had a few (perhaps 5-10) often waking up when I try to take too much control.

I also have ,what I call,frustration dreams(can’t find your parked car,exam hall etc) and can often tell myself it’s ok you won’t solve the problem rationally as it’s a dream.
06-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Wandering off topic but does anyone else have experience of/believe in lucid dreams,where you are conscious you are dreaming and can to an extent control them?I have had a few (perhaps 5-10) often waking up when I try to take too much control.

I also have ,what I call,frustration dreams(can’t find your parked car,exam hall etc) and can often tell myself it’s ok you won’t solve the problem rationally as it’s a dream.
I have spent hours looking for exam rooms, my locker, etc. in dreams.

I also met someone in a lucid dream once, before I actually met them in real life, and we both immediately remembered the dream.
I know, I know, someone start humming the "Out of limits." theme.
Go ahead, I'm used to the abuse.

Last edited by normhead; 06-18-2018 at 10:20 AM.
06-18-2018, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #94
PDL
Pentaxian

Weird dreams?
1. Have to pack to move into new lodgings. No boxes, everything still packed and two projects that need to be completed. Usually associated with not having any place to move to.
1.a Having boxes of stuff I have to leave behind because I can not pack it all up. Trying to get to my car with my "stuff" and not being able to get back into the building to pick up the rest of my stuff because by entry badge no longer works.
2. On a trip or out and about looking for some place. Usually ending up in a fantasy Kansas City KS (I attended graduate school in Lawrence Kansas and did spend a little time in Kansas City)
3. Looking for may school locker and not remembering the locker combination.
4.Looking for a classroom in college. Usually associated with trying to find a working restroom.
5. Swimming and being able to breath underwater, also flying.
6. more and more bizarre stuff as I get older.

As for photographic safety, I thought long and hard about how to hold my camera for this shot. I had to convince myself that I was not going to drop the thing. The strap was not long enough to hang around my neck and still rest the camera on the towers structure. I did not see the results until I chimped it and did not see it clearly until later in the day on my computer.

http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/photos/11802334/

Last edited by PDL; 06-18-2018 at 05:17 PM. Reason: back to the subject at hand
06-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #95
Pentaxian

Often in dreams i am capable of not breathing. And floating.
These are not concerns of photographic safety. Lol.
06-19-2018, 12:38 AM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Often in dreams i am capable of not breathing. And floating.
These are not concerns of photographic safety. Lol.
I’ll start a new thread in the General Talk Forum about dreams!

Done!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/368505-dreams.html

Last edited by timb64; 06-19-2018 at 09:02 AM.
06-19-2018, 05:44 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I have spent hours looking for exam rooms, my locker, etc. in dreams.

I also met someone in a lucid dream once, before I actually met them in real life, and we both immediately remembered the dream.
I know, I know, someone start humming the "Out of limits." theme.
Go ahead, I'm used to the abuse.

OUT OF LIMITS - THE MARKETTS - (ORIGINAL VERSION) 1962 - YouTube
I was actually thinking the Twilight Zone theme song... But I had the same thing happen to me in my early twenties.