Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
What is the "best" platform to organize your photographs, and have sort of a portfolio (not for professional purposes). I do not intend to sell my hobby, but would like to have it nicely and presentable to share with people who actually have a common interest.

I have used 500px, to post random shots I take - but now I read [this](500px images go to Getty - PentaxForums.com), and I'm not so sure, for some reason, that I want to keeep using it. Also, the interface is kinda odd.

What is good out there, a blog? Obviously one would need a host site...

Not looking to have social media impact; rather a place where, if someone is interested in seeing my hobby, they can navigate it with ease.
Instagram is not bad. Their are a few million users in any given moment over there, so it is one of the best place to share.
it is a kind of social media but you don't have to be social if you don't want to be. Their UI is also less drama which made it easy to post a photo. It is good for me.

NationalgeographicYourshot is interesting too, but their UI is somewhat more complicated.
I used to be on 500px but not any more.

06-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Flickr. It is simply the best for what I want it for, and I'm a 'Pro' member for $24.95/year. But only because I've had a 'Pro' account for ages. New 'Pro' accounts cost more...

I had a 500px account but deleted it. I have a YouPic account and it is very similar to 500px, but a much smaller community. I haven't had an "Inspiration" photo since they added premium accounts...

Sadly the Pentax Photo Gallery seems to be dead. I've had photos waiting for approval for almost seven months.
06-12-2018, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you all - I'm trying to give Flickr a try (setting up now)... I still gotta costumize it to my liking... I do not like that the "photostream" is available to the public... I'd rather like that people only able to see my albums (as the photos are better organized that way)...

Still reading on it.

Cheers!