Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
06-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Wouldn't you want one you were sure wasn't dud? Let's not get into the deplorable over sight on Pentax's part of not having a helicopter based desert island repair service for stranded cast aways.

Oops, there's too many what if threads. I'm answering as if it were the "desert island" thread. I'd delete the post but thread participants probably already have it in their mail boxes.

But I wonder, if I delete a post after a few minutes, does it still get entered in the contest post count?
Now that I quoted it, you have an excuse to just leave it here ;-)
One more for the count /ot

06-13-2018, 07:55 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The first thing I did, and the first thing I encourage new K1ers to do is to do a side-by-side comparison of pixel shift vs non-pixel shift images. The difference is eye popping!
06-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Wouldn't you want one you were sure wasn't dud?
Well Norm ... of course I would.
The little TC is packed and ready to be sent to the Pentax facilities (RICOH IMAGING CANADA INC)in Concord, Ont.
I read so many reviews, here on this forum, on how great this TC is with the DA*300/4 and I am afraid mine just doesn't cut it (for some reason).

Relating to this thread though ... a K-1 with the DFA 150-450 and this (working) TC would be my choice.
06-13-2018, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well for me I received mine at Christmas time (not the last one) and:
* Used a full charged battery from my K-5 ;-)
* Obligatory Christmas shots of family - noticed auto focus is improved
* Popped on my FA50 f1.4 and went out into the yard to take a bokeh shot. Still quite like the results of this very casual quick snap (see below)
* Over next couple of days tried every feature!

06-13-2018, 02:50 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I liked those recent "what if" threads quite a bit, they are surely though-provoking.
So what if you had a K-1, doens't matter if you plan on buying it or you count on winning it here
Let's say you just got it delivered to you, what's the first thing you'd do with it?
I would take whatever picture I had planned to take next with my K-30
06-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Changing my answer; buy a good copy of the Sigma Super-Wide II AF 24mm prime, an SMC DA 70, and my 40XS and go for a long weekend in NYC. Smaller and more convenient collection of lenses.