Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
06-15-2018, 08:45 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sales posts that seem to run for months if not years, and the seller never once understands his stuff might be overpriced and reduces it...

06-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I don't like it when people say it is in great or like new condition and don't attach photos. Or say photos will be attached later or available upon request.
06-16-2018, 12:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The fact that I check it, find a nice item for sale, see that it's in the US, make a rapid count of postage & expenses and decide not to buy it
06-16-2018, 04:41 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Worse yet is the "net to me" phrasing. We are probably going to disallow that entirely, as there's no reason fees can't be rolled in to the asking price.
This phrasing always feels like an attempt to nudge buyers towards sending money as a "gift" while maintaining plausible deniability.

06-16-2018, 05:12 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My biggest gripe is when I've been searching the marketplace for months looking for a lens or camera, then its suddenly listed for sale and someone beats me to it. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
06-16-2018, 05:37 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
I'LL SUBMIT YOUR NAME FOR AN OSCAR OR ONE OF THEM NOBEL TNT PRIZES IF YOU DOES IT Fees by the way are written into the Magna Carter & the U S Constitution so that Rich Guys can take from Poor Guys to make the Rich Guys Richer . Its their Inherent Right.
Looks like your computer keyboard caps key has an intermittent short.
06-16-2018, 06:19 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Looks like your computer keyboard caps key has an intermittent short.
INTENTIONAL ! NOT A SHORT SO THE OLD BUSTARDS ON THIS FORUM CAN HERE ME! A FAIR AMOUNT OF SENILITY SHOWING UP UNFORTUNATELY.

---------- Post added 06-16-18 at 09:26 AM ----------

So far the term "MINTY" Has not been used on the PF Market Place but if it does ;Adam would you please track down the I P address and destroy the computer.

06-16-2018, 06:28 AM   #23
Pentaxian

One would be the huge number of items that will only sell to people in the continental U.S. That wastes time. There should be section for the U.S. that the ads only go to U.S. members, and an international section, for people who've figured out how to use the post office.

My other pet peeve would be anything I really want, everyone else really wants and they are usually gone before I get there if the price is good, or completely exorbitantly priced if it's still there.

While I understand everyone wants some of their money back when they sell a lens, you bought it, it lost half it's value when you took it out of the store, live with it. For many items, I'm just looking at a lens waiting for a road map item, to fill the gap for a few years. I know what you have is an FA*, but the lenses currently being designed are a cut above them. As soon as the replacement comes out it's a paper weight.
06-16-2018, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
One would be the huge number of items that will only sell to people in the continental U.S. That wastes time. There should be section for the U.S. tha the ads only go to U.S. members, and an international section, for people who've figured out how to use the post office.
I am fortunate that I live 35 miles from the border so I take advantage of free shipping to Conusa and no Sales Tax into Canada if under $100.00 if I go down and pick it up and buy cheap Alberta sourced gas at the same time. All on hold of course now until The Big Guys solve the Trade thingy and it is concluded.
06-16-2018, 07:27 AM - 2 Likes   #25
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

when an item is marked as 'SOLD' in the ad, but never taken down...
06-16-2018, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not a peeve as such, but I always appreciate it when someone offering a lens for sale shows not only pictures of the lens but one or two pictures taken with that specific lens.
06-16-2018, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With just one or two exceptions overall my experience buying and selling in PF Marketplace has been excellent.

Though I always specify that buyer should use Paypal pay for goods or services, sometimes they will send gift payment.
Perhaps they think they are doing me a favor. But I'd rather pay the fee so that they may have Paypal buyer protection.

Chris
06-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I don't think I've ever had a 'favorite' pet peeve.
06-16-2018, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Continental US. Because I used to live in Hawai'i. Shockingly, they use the same postal service! Most of the time, same price. Even the same money. OK, parcel post is different but lenses rarely are shipped parcel post. UPS and Fedex are pretty similar to O'ahu, expensive to other islands. Continental US is dumb.
06-16-2018, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Worse yet is the "net to me" phrasing. We are probably going to disallow that entirely, as there's no reason fees can't be rolled in to the asking price.
Sounds like a great idea.
Please do it !

---------- Post added 06-16-18 at 11:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
when an item is marked as 'SOLD' in the ad, but never taken down...
... or when an item is sold but it is not indicated as such !