Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
07-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Starting to look like we might be heading for an England v Russia semi-final.

Easy there, tiger!!!)

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

07-07-2018, 01:01 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Starting to look like we might be heading for an England v Russia semi-final.
...in the immortal words of Giovanni Trapattoni: "don't say 'cat'..."
07-07-2018, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

well that's it for us(((
we fought till the end though and we are pretty excited as a nation cause to be honest our team is pretty crap)))
on a side note: we, as in russia, needed this world cup. with all the political crap going around we, the people, just wanted the rest of the world to see we are not hostile but hospitable.
and i think we have succeeded.
07-08-2018, 12:58 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by racingsnake Quote
on a side note: we, as in russia, needed this world cup. with all the political crap going around we, the people, just wanted the rest of the world to see we are not hostile but hospitable.and i think we have succeeded.

You definitely have. This world cup has transformed the image that many in this country have got of the Russian people. TV commentators and journalists keep remarking on the warmth and friendliness of the welcome, and the visiting fans all seem to be having a great time.

07-08-2018, 11:59 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

You definitely have. This world cup has transformed the image that many in this country have got of the Russian people. TV commentators and journalists keep remarking on the warmth and friendliness of the welcome, and the visiting fans all seem to be having a great time.
Yeah,at the risk of straying into forbidden territory,we all get along together better if we can keep politicians out of things!
07-08-2018, 12:02 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Yeah,at the risk of straying into forbidden territory,we all get along together better if we can keep politicians out of things!
Well, I will give you all my money (don't get excited, there isn't much) if you can figure our how to do that!
07-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by racingsnake Quote
well that's it for us(((
we fought till the end though and we are pretty excited as a nation cause to be honest our team is pretty crap)))
on a side note: we, as in russia, needed this world cup. with all the political crap going around we, the people, just wanted the rest of the world to see we are not hostile but hospitable.
and i think we have succeeded.
A really good PR exercise by all accounts, Racingsnake, everyone's saying they're having a great time, well organized venues and the tourists have enjoyed the cities they've stayed in.

The tournament itself has had lots of exciting football, hardly a 0-0 draw anywhere, and cracking games that have seen underdogs knock off the favourites again and again.

The Russian team lifted in front of the home audiences, playing well above their level.

07-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #53
Pentaxian

Down to the finals. Not many photos but it liked these pride pictures using team colors for the flag.
Internet Is Applauding The Genius Way These Activists Troll Russia?s Anti-Gay Laws | Bored Panda
07-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Down to the finals. Not many photos but it liked these pride pictures using team colors for the flag.

Internet Is Applauding The Genius Way These Activists Troll Russia?s Anti-Gay Laws | Bored Panda

Now we are heading for disaster!!!
See, I don’t mind expressing yourself in any way, provided you are not harming anyone. And props to these guys they are indeed very creative. I was looking through the pictures this morning while having my breakfast. Scroll to photo number 7 on the series. They are sitting in front of the pine trees and a red brick wall (which is Kremlin). One should see parts of lettering and stars on either side of these guys. Those are the names of the cities that took the most hit during WW2. And the spot where they are sitting is considered to be a tomb stone, a tragic memorial. You do not sit on it, you do not stand on it, you do not lay on it. You only lay flowers on it and kneel before it.
Attracting attention to gay rights by disrespecting other culture is not the way to go in my books.
Should I get offended? I probably should cause my family bled for their right to express themselves and now they sit where they really shouldn’t be. Will I? No. Cause they probably have no idea. But I think they should have looked into it beforehand.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk