Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2018, 07:33 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Are you referring to the legend of King Cadmus who brought the alphabet from Phoenica to Thebes, who planted dragon's teeth (letters) from which sprung warriors?
Nope. Got it from this sign at a printing museum near Los Angeles :-)

08-23-2018, 09:03 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by grog85361 Quote
I'm still waiting to find out what they are going to do with those of us that had subscriptions. I had most of a two year subscription pending. I suppose I'm hosed. Same thing happened to me when Popular Photography went under. I don't think I'm buying anymore magazine subscriptions, which doesn't help the print media industry, unfortunately.
Just an update to this. I received notice that the remainder of my Shutterbug subscription will be fulfilled with an equivalent subscription to "Outdoor Photographer." This is suitable, I like Outdoor. So, I'm not hosed after all
08-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by grog85361 Quote
Just an update to this. I received notice that the remainder of my Shutterbug subscription will be fulfilled with an equivalent subscription to "Outdoor Photographer." This is suitable, I like Outdoor. So, I'm not hosed after all
Glad things worked out for you!
08-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Unfortunately, we're also seeing the same effect with newspapers - big push to read the digital editions. More and more content in the digital edition than what's in the paper edition. Too bad - I like to have the actual reading material in my hand.
You can't retcon a printed newspaper article unless you recall and destroy every copy. This is the biggest attraction of print for me.