Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flickr Problems

Has anyone experienced problems with Flickr rendering your photos in the past month? I posted a photo with a lot of saturated dark blues in it and that part of the photo was a total mess with other colors bleeding in and some shadows around other parts of the darker areas. I noticed this happening earlier in the month with some fireworks photos and just dismissed it but they are doing something screwy since the site changed hands.

Larry

07-24-2018, 08:42 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Has anyone experienced problems with Flickr rendering your photos in the past month? I posted a photo with a lot of saturated dark blues in it and that part of the photo was a total mess with other colors bleeding in and some shadows around other parts of the darker areas. I noticed this happening earlier in the month with some fireworks photos and just dismissed it but they are doing something screwy since the site changed hands.

Larry
Hmmm, no problems for me so far. Did you check your color profiles? I had a similar problem when I first started to use Flickr then I set sRGB for everything and it was ok.
07-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Larry
What browser are you using? have you checked the colour management settings ?
07-25-2018, 01:23 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Had a problem logging in a few weeks back but that seems resolved now.No problems with how my pictures appear though.
Post a link to the offending photo?

07-25-2018, 06:00 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Link to the problem Flickr Photo

Delicate Sweet Basil Blossoms
by Larry Mc, on Flickr
07-25-2018, 06:12 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The problem may lie in my browser

I uploaded the photo from Flickr then uploaded directly from my laptop and both look the same. Now I need to do a little research on what is possibly happening with Chrome?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-25-2018, 06:19 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Link to the problem Flickr Photo
I downloaded the full size picture from Flickr and it looks identical to the display on Flickr. Upload the original to this thread from your computer so we can compare.

Of course we cannot "see" what you are seeing on your computer screen. Is your laptop colour managed ?

Last edited by pschlute; 07-25-2018 at 06:25 AM.
07-25-2018, 06:30 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Problem fixed

My problem was the Chrome version I was using which was Version 67 (what ever). When I checked the version, Chrome started updating and now is showing Version 68.0.3440.75 (Official Build) (64-bit). I thought Chrome was supposed to update automatically to the newer stable build?

07-25-2018, 06:33 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I downloaded the full size picture from Flickr and it looks identical to the display on Flickr. Upload the original to this thread from your computer so we can compare.

Of course we cannot "see" what you are seeing on your computer screen. Is your laptop colour managed ?
Yes it is color managed. I uploaded directly from my laptop and with version 67 it had the same problem. I think I have resolved my problem, it was the Chrome version I was using. Apparently version 67 was a bit buggy.