Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 05:55 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pxt Quote
I read that you old fashioned bulb not LEDs is the best way to get more natural feeeling of light. Modern light add a lot of blue.
I don't think that is the case now.

While general purpose LED may appear to be colder it really depends on how the quality and newer generations are very good with excellent light quality and longevity, Soraa and Yuji spring to mind immediately and they should be able to at least match 'old fashioned' lighting while giving benefits of lower running costs and running much cooler.

If you want halogen then currently the best option I believe will be Solux probably the 4700K. Relatively inexpensive solution but they run very hot
http://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/colorproofkit.html

08-31-2018, 07:01 AM   #32
Pentaxian

I have switched over to day light balanced LED's in my house. At first it took some getting used to as the unnatural yellow of incandescent bulbs is so common we perceive it to be natural. I got used to the "day light balanced" bulbs real quick though and the light really does feel much more natural.

Last edited by rangercarp; 08-31-2018 at 07:02 AM. Reason: clarity
08-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #33
pxt

I see a lot LEDs in shot and it feels unnatural, but mabe is solution for that fx. mix two source light.