Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ditto, when I see dust spots. In reality, I've never had to do this with the K-3II in two and a half years as the ultrasonic sensor cleaning does a fine job. I have it set to operate every time the camera wakes up.

08-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BethC Quote
Just picked my K3ii up from the camera shop where I had the sensor cleaned. It's my first time having a camera cleaned. I've had it 3 years and I've posted about some focus inconsistency and many recommended I start with a cleaning. anyway, the lady at camera shop said they recommend a cleaning once a year. She has hers cleaned 4 or 5 times a year!! I am such a slacker!! So, the K 3ii is done, now i want to take the K5 in. and I"m going to try to get them in once a year for a good cleaning. Curious if you all take your cameras somewhere or clean them and how often.
If I start to see spots on my pictures, I clean the sensor. I do a fair amount of macro, and that really seems to bring out dust bunnies.
Having said that, I have only wet cleaned a sensor a couple of times. If I see spots, I (don't cringe) blow them off with canned gas.
08-08-2018, 05:30 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BethC Quote
This is all that was included when I had my camera serviced...

"*Our Professional 7-Point Sensor Cleaning Includes.
Complete external camera and lens cleaning (One attached lens included)
Focusing screen cleaning
Mirror and mirror box cleaning
Sensor cleaning
Auto focus check
Proper exposure check
Guaranteed next business day service for walk-ins or UPS Ground shipping for online orders"

So, I assume "Focusing screen cleaning" is what you are referring to when you say autofocus sensor? Or am I wrong?
This sounds very appealing to me if the price is right - though alas, it's nowhere near where I live.

The focusing screen crud issue is not a big deal - I know that, but it niggles, it annoys, it irks...

I've never wet cleaned. I use a rocket blower when the dust spots show up. I use it preventively before I use the DA 15mm ltd because that one usually means big skies and stopping further down than usual, which will call the dust bunnies out of hiding.