Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
wow, I find it fascinating to see that one person's favorite is another's least favorite
I know there is LBA and camera buying addiction, now I'm going to have ABA (accessory buying addiction) Where to begin haha

Thanks for responding, I love reading them all

08-07-2018, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Most use: L bracket, Wireless remote control. Both are less than 3USD each from eBay, and of course a Tripod Use them every weekend. (Does neck strap count?)

Less use: my backpack Camera bag, I am a minimalist 2 primes & 1 tripod guy, and go out only at night.
08-07-2018, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a hard exercise but I figured that my Manfrotto Super Clamp must be my least used accessory, even though I really like it. I usually like to not carry too much, and a tripod is more useful than the clamp. Most used is maybe a tie between the two Black Rapid straps I have and the $2 wireless remote. I was getting a lot of neck pain using the stock neck straps, the Black Rapids fixed that. If I'm not using a strap I'm probably using a tripod and wireless remote. Except now I've just got a KP and unfortunately it does not use the wireless remote.

This is a very interesting thread, thanks for starting it Elsie!
08-07-2018, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Least used is the magnifying eyecup. I now usually take the sort of pictures it would be helpful for on a tripod with live view.

Most used is the vest with all the pockets. Yesss, one of those. I have everything I need and more to the point I now always know exactly where it all is. I think I save at least an hour's worth of " where did I put something ???!!!" panic attacks every time I wear it.

08-07-2018, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
My most used is the Sekonic L-308S. I suppose it counts as an accessory since it doesn't come with the camera, but for me it's an essential. I really can't understand why people suffer with the hit-or-miss guesswork of through-the-lens metering when they could just have the speed and simplicity of an incident meter.
Well, when I'm shooting in manual mode I have a lot of fun guesstimating the exposure, and then adjusting after looking at the histogram, if necessary. It might be quicker too, since a lot of times I guess right...
08-08-2018, 12:51 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Most used: Manfrotto Pixi mini tripod. Great for Ricoh GR, M43 and also, if desperate, K5 with a prime.
Least used: Pentax infrared remote. Anytime I've wanted to use it the battery has been flat.
08-08-2018, 04:24 AM - 1 Like   #22
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eyrr Quote
Least used is the magnifying eyecup. I now usually take the sort of pictures it would be helpful for on a tripod with live view.
I suppose I need to update my "most used" selection now... I have the O-ME53 magnifying eyecup on every one of my Pentax & Samsung bodies (except for the GX-1L), and I never remove them

08-08-2018, 04:57 AM - 9 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

Most used accessory: my brain (when trying to optimize composition, juxtaposition, angles, focal length, exposure, lighting, etc. etc.).
Least used accessory: my brain! (when forgetting that I left the camera in spot-meter, 2-second delay, tungsten white balance, .....)
08-08-2018, 05:12 AM - 3 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Most used accessory: my brain (when trying to optimize composition, juxtaposition, angles, focal length, exposure, lighting, etc. etc.).
Least used accessory: my brain! (when forgetting that I left the camera in spot-meter, 2-second delay, tungsten white balance, .....)
Interesting - sounds similar mine! Where did you buy it?
08-08-2018, 05:57 AM   #25

Original Poster
Love this, so true
08-08-2018, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #26

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eyrr Quote

Most used is the vest with all the pockets. Yesss, one of those. I have everything I need and more to the point I now always know exactly where it all is. I think I save at least an hour's worth of " where did I put something ???!!!" panic attacks every time I wear it.
Do you have a picture of you with this vest? Is it posted in the selfie thread.
08-08-2018, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PancakeFlipper Quote
Do you have a picture of you with this vest? Is it posted in the selfie thread.
We have a selfie thread???

A month ago I had to take selfies with my phone because I was ordering new glasses frames and I can't see well enough without my prescription lenses to be able to tell what my reflection looks like. Yikes, just yikes. Let's just say there are some people that even the FA77 ltd wouldn't be able to fix... and I'm one of them...
08-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #28
Unregistered User

Least used—Olympus VF-1 viewfinder (On Q-S1):

Tried it several times, it was just too imprecise and didn't work well with my glasses.

Most used: Altoids Smalls tin

Provides secure holding for 2 D-L168 batteries for Q with added protection from puncture or shorting of contacts. Use with a piece of thin foam to stop rattling.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 08-12-2018 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo
08-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #29

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cipher Quote
Least used—Olympus VF-1 viewfinder (On Q-S1):

Tried it several times, it was just too imprecise and didn't work well with my glasses.

Most used: Altoids Smalls tin

Provides secure holding for 2 D-L168 batteries for Q with added protection from puncture or shorting of contacts. Use with a piece of thin foam to stop rattling.
I like the tin. Good idea
08-12-2018, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

Most used: 1) air blower 2) tripod 3) cokin p filters
Least used: 1) FG battery grip 2) UV filter 3) two lens macro coupling ring

2-second delay
I do this often enough, I just try to hold the camera steady while the timer runs down