Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1364 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2020, 06:32 PM   #1531

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by KSSteve Quote
I don't think he's going to get his starting bid. I wonder what happened to that poor camera.

Pentax Anahi KX | eBay
This has been for sale since at least March:

Pentax Anahi KX | eBay

07-01-2020, 11:28 PM - 1 Like   #1532
Veteran Member

Pentax Anahi KX | eBay
Everything solid melts into air........Karl Marx dont think he had cameras in mind but shows he was right

No wonder the seller is holding it with gloves on.
07-02-2020, 12:50 AM   #1533
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Pentax Anahi KX | eBay
Now that is truly ghastly. "I am not an expert" but that KX looks like it is beyond repair.

The lens is not very special either. The asking price of $105 is pure fantasy.

07-02-2020, 12:59 AM   #1534
Pentaxian

Pentax Anahi KX | eBay
Horrific.

07-02-2020, 03:25 AM   #1535
Pentaxian

Pentax Anahi KX | eBay
There should be an offence on the statute books of 'Cruelty towards defenceless cameras'. Not so much used as abused.
07-02-2020, 04:58 AM - 1 Like   #1536
Pentaxian

This has been for sale since at least March:Pentax Anahi KX | eBay
Someone has tried to anihi-late it. Fell into an acid bath perhaps? I hope the photographer was OK

07-02-2020, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #1537
Pentaxian

Found this misleading listing :

olympus 28mm f3.5 Lens. *Great condition Olympus Asahi lens/ 49mm Pentax filter | eBay

Contacted the seller - this is the result :

Hi,

May I politely and respectfully point out that this lens does NOT fit a Pentax camera. Just because it has a Pentax filter attached does not make it a Pentax-fit lens. You may wish to amend the listing.

Tony

Tony,

The title does clearly state that it is an OLYMPUS lens!!

Rather than spending your time trawling through listings looking for errors where none are present, can I politely suggest that you LEARN to read and then find someone else to bother with you mundanity.

Thank you...

2caryn0n8z

Thank you for your somewhat abrupt and confrontational response. May I quote from your own listing : 'Great condition Olympus Asahi lens/ 49mm Pentax filter'. Firstly, Asahi is a registered Pentax trademark - this lens cannot be described as such. Secondly, as someone with such a great knowledge of photography as yourself must know, before adopting the OM mount system, Olympus did indeed manufacture lenses with the ubiquitous 42mm 'Pentax' thread mount - this is not one of them either.

I was merely attempting to assist you before someone believed your deliberately misleading listing and purchased this item expecting it to fit a Pentax camera, either 42mm or PK mount. No doubt if this happens you will be as polite to them as you have been to me, and will face a claim via eBay from the unhappy purchaser. You have my best wishes.

Tony

Some people you just can't help.

07-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #1538
Pentaxian

Nippon Flash

This old, very basic, fixed power level flash unit deserves some well earned rest in the recycling bin, but someone on Ebay is trying to milk £3 from the poor thing. The printed exposure chart on the back is so worn out that it is hard to discern what the Guide Number is - 20m as far as I can tell.

I was struck by the name - no doubt about the country of origin, buy could it be an ancient Nikon unit? Nikon were once called Nippon Kogaku. Otherwise, has anyone heard of them?

Nippon Camera Flash | eBay

07-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #1539
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote

Nippon Flash

This old, very basic, fixed power level flash unit deserves some well earned rest in the recycling bin, but someone on Ebay is trying to milk £3 from the poor thing. The printed exposure chart on the back is so worn out that it is hard to discern what the Guide Number is - 20m as far as I can tell.

I was struck by the name - no doubt about the country of origin, buy could it be an ancient Nikon unit? Nikon were once called Nippon Kogaku. Otherwise, has anyone heard of them?

Nippon Camera Flash | eBay

07-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #1540
Pentaxian

Vivitar Flash

Anyone want to fork out nearly £50 for this old, broken, Vivitar Flash?

No clue about its funtionality I'm afraid, either in the ad or (apparently) on the body of the thing other than a claim to be "Auto". Was that a guide chart that has been scratched off the side? I'm guessing a GN of 20m because makers of that era often gave model numbers based on 10 times the guide number (Pentax included).

This makes the Nippon unit I posted earlier look a bargain, and costs four times as much as I recently paid for a mint Sunpak hammerhead with a GN of 42 (including postage in both cases).

VIVITAR AUTO FLASH 200 FOR PARTS CAMERA PART | eBay

---------- Post added 02-07-20 at 12:19 ----------

Wow, that Nippon camera .... I see from the box that it "Makes fuzzy or out-of-focus pictures a thing of the past". So Pentax, Canon, Nikon and co had a rival back then which I'd never heard of

A 1:6.3 50mm lens - that must be some kind of record. It even took colour photos, according to the engraving.

Last edited by Lord Lucan; 07-02-2020 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Format
07-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #1541
Pentaxian

AKA, total cheap, worthless JUNK!
07-02-2020, 03:01 PM   #1542
Pentaxian

Chinon 35-80 f3.5-4.9 Marco lens for Pentax K | eBay

If it's in mint condition, with a hole in the middle -

Is it Marco Polo ?
07-02-2020, 03:11 PM   #1543
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Chinon 35-80 f3.5-4.9 Marco lens for Pentax K | eBay

If it's in mint condition, with a hole in the middle -

Is it Marco Polo ?
WELL, IF you could get it a "tenner", then it might a bargain - OTOH, I somehow doubt it will "go that low", IF it sells at all???
07-03-2020, 07:01 AM   #1544
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
WELL, IF you could get it a "tenner", then it might a bargain - OTOH, I somehow doubt it will "go that low", IF it sells at all???
I'm assuming they're not charging £33.12 for shipping in the UK...
07-05-2020, 06:49 AM   #1545
Pentaxian

Why pay $1900 for a brand new auto focus Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 ED SDM AW when you can have this manual focusing old timer for only $2200? It is mint flavored as well.

Pentax-A* SMC 85mm f1.4 #5705504 .......... Minty | eBay

---------- Post added 2020-07-05 at 16:15 ----------

And how about this Stigma lens? It will work on Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sigma SA Bayonet and Sony/Minolta Alpha cameras. Yes, really. Sigh...

At least the fact that it has optical stabilization rules out K mount. No interest from me, then. At over $500 it's not exactly priced for a quick sale, anyway.

Stigma lens 150-500mm | Eastern Pretoria | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 757671677

Last edited by Wasp; 07-05-2020 at 07:27 AM.