Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1364 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2020, 07:20 AM   #1906
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Well for some stuff you are right, its complete junk but I leave stuff on eBay for ages sometimes.

I have some items up at the moment and I dont expect some stuff is exactly in high demand, its a limited market of collectors out there but where else is someone going to find a vintage lens cap for a Sigma in 65mm size. Someone out there will be restoring te lens and hoping they can find an original cap.
Some stuff maybe wont ever sell and that definitely applies to broken electro flashes but I would pay happily for a mint Agfa bulb flash and some bulbs and I would pay at least £15 for a Tamron lens cap, old style logo in 67mm size for a vintage lens I have. There may well be someone out there who badly needs an old SunPak flash who knows it may have bits inside at allow a stranded time traveller to construct a time machine to get home.

11-10-2020, 08:26 AM   #1907
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Here’s the item in case anyone is interested. Pretty legit looking, no?
I have seen that "Canon" in various flavors all the time on various auction sites. Basically a cheap knockoff that was used as door prizes for various events. Here is an "Olympia" one: amazon.com : Brand NEW Olympia DL 2000A Camera : Point And Shoot Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
11-10-2020, 01:17 PM   #1908
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by milligan22963 Quote
Basically a cheap knockoff that was used as door prizes for various events. Here is an "Olympia" one:
Some, at least, of the 5-star reviews on there are obviously plants, like "Everyone needs one ... quality is as stated, and Amazon is the place to find whatever you need [blah blah blah]". The 1-star reviews lay into it "Cheap plastic toy camera, fixed plastic lens, lead weight inside to make it seem heavy. I got fooled into buying one. .... Threw it all away, although the bag was not bad".
I'm surprised they used a lead weight - iron is cheaper. Actually, it makes me wonder if there is a lead weight in my K-1

Here is the same thing, but called a NOKINA this time, "A NIKON" backwards. Perhaps they said the Lord's Prayer backwards and conjured it up from Hell : 9201 - Nokina Pseudo SLR Film Camera | eBay at least the seller is up front that it is garbage pseudo.

11-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #1909
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My father was really excited a few years ago when he got me a big camera very cheap....
Not sure where but it may have been a thrift shop or a flea market.
The flash cable detached before even pulling out of the bag.

What do you know! Optical lens!
Never ran a roll thru it. Maybe I need to try it.

Thanks,

11-10-2020, 02:39 PM   #1910
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where is it made? China?
11-10-2020, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #1911
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Where is it made? China?
Hell I think or some place similar .
11-10-2020, 03:24 PM - 6 Likes   #1912
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Some, at least, of the 5-star reviews on there are obviously plants, like "Everyone needs one ... quality is as stated, and Amazon is the place to find whatever you need [blah blah blah]". The 1-star reviews lay into it "Cheap plastic toy camera, fixed plastic lens, lead weight inside to make it seem heavy. I got fooled into buying one. .... Threw it all away, although the bag was not bad".
I'm surprised they used a lead weight - iron is cheaper. Actually, it makes me wonder if there is a lead weight in my K-1

Here is the same thing, but called a NOKINA this time, "A NIKON" backwards. Perhaps they said the Lord's Prayer backwards and conjured it up from Hell : 9201 - Nokina Pseudo SLR Film Camera | eBay at least the seller is up front that it is garbage pseudo.
In China everything contains lead...except the lead which is mostly cardboard.

11-10-2020, 08:43 PM   #1913
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post of the week ,Boris.
11-11-2020, 12:35 AM   #1914
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
My father was really excited a few years ago when he got me a big camera very cheap....
Not sure where but it may have been a thrift shop or a flea market.
The flash cable detached before even pulling out of the bag.

Never ran a roll thru it. Maybe I need to try it.

Thanks,
If you try it out show us the pictures. Probably still turn out better than a Holga

Do you look through the little window in the upper corner of the camera like a cheap p&s or do you look through the porthole above the lens?
11-11-2020, 02:08 AM   #1915
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote

I've seen that camera at Salvation Army before. Except the one I was looking at came with some sort of under water housing or something.
11-11-2020, 02:16 AM   #1916
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Never ran a roll thru it. Maybe I need to try it.,
According to this tropical forest listing, these things also have color viewfinders!

amazon.com : Brand NEW Olympia DL 2000A Camera : Point And Shoot Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
11-11-2020, 02:37 AM   #1917
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Hell I think or some place similar .
What's the difference?
11-12-2020, 01:16 AM   #1918
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
According to this tropical forest listing, these things also have color viewfinders!

amazon.com : Brand NEW Olympia DL 2000A Camera : Point And Shoot Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
I prefer my viewfinders to be black and white.
11-12-2020, 02:59 AM - 1 Like   #1919
Veteran Member

And just look at the reviews...
‘From a distance it looks almost professional’ ....what distance is that....about 50 miles I would guess.
‘What I got was everyting I expected and more ‘....I think they meant deserved rather than expected.
‘It was a gift so dont know if it worked ok, I assume so as I never heard back’ ....nope because whoever hou sent it to probably put it in the bin and struck your name from the Hanukkah list or maybe put out a contract on you

The other reviews are clearly ‘brushed’
11-12-2020, 03:52 AM   #1920
Pentaxian

Really not sure about this one. What is that crescent shaped pattern inside the lens? Normal reflections, fungus, separation or something else?

Minolta SR-1 with 55mm f1.8 lens | Queensburgh | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 664833670