Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2023, 06:14 PM   #3301
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Tamron SP 90mm Lens used | eBay

4 lovely photos of the lens cap, and no further details.

T
"Used with 35mm Pentax". Seems like a good chance it has a PKA adapter at least.

08-31-2023, 05:07 AM   #3302
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
"Used with 35mm Pentax". Seems like a good chance it has a PKA adapter at least.
'Has' - or 'Had' ? No indication of whether it comes with an adapter of any fitting. Call me suspicious, but to me, if it ain't specifically stated, it ain't there.
08-31-2023, 09:53 AM   #3303
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
'Has' - or 'Had' ? No indication of whether it comes with an adapter of any fitting. Call me suspicious, but to me, if it ain't specifically stated, it ain't there.
The photo of the lens clearly has an Adaptall-2 adapter attached.
09-01-2023, 05:39 PM   #3304

This ebay seller really annoys me. Here's just one of his items:

VINTAGE 1938 Rollei Rolleicord Drp Drgm TESSAR 7.5Cm/3.8 Twin Lens Camera.READ | eBay

For months he's been trying to sell what he claims was father's collection, and he wants to sell them for parts or not working, which I understand. But with every listing he posts an abusive rant including that "photography is dead." No way am I going to buy from this seller. And the prices are to high for parts and not working. Here's his rant:

VERY IMPORTANT !! FOR ME IF ANY FILM CAMERA WAS NOT TESTED WITH FILM IS AUTOMATICALLY ,,UNTESTED,, THAN THIS IS A REAL REASON FOR RETURN THE CAMERA TO SELLER!

ATT.:READ CAREFULLY THE DESCRIPTION! DO NOT WRITE AFTER PURCHASE THAT YOU EXPECTED NEW FUNCTIONING CAMERA. PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE OF YOUR DECISION.
READ FEW TIMES TO UNDERSTAND!
This is for collector not a photographer.From collection of my father,exhibition camera. DRP/DEUTSCHE REICH PRODUKTION/ 985117 DRGM. With original leather case. I DO NOT GIVE ANY WARRANTY!! AS IS! UNTESTED, MAY OR MAY NOT WORK! CONDITION:AS IS! For parts or repair.Price calculated as parts value and eBay provision.I am not photographer,I do not know how to test the stuff properly. The independent technical expertise of equipment cost average $100.00 and does not give warranty that client will not complain it and eBay keeps clients right first!!In many cases expertise cost is greater as value of offered item!! SALE IS FINAL NO RETURNS.No front lens cap.Lens is old:The buyers can find dust,fungus and scratches even in new lens if they want it !! My info is honest and true,I do not try to hide anything. Product images are of the actual item up for sale.IF YOU WANT TO DO A PICTURES WITH THIS CAMERA /old fable/but,film photography is dead! DO NOT BUY IT.I WARNED YOU!! This is the main reason of all returns!!
Shipped with USPS Mail continental USA only.

09-02-2023, 01:56 AM   #3305
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KSSteve Quote
His command of English leaves a lot to be desired too. The "Father's collection" sounds like BS, with so much stuff he is probably a dealer and his prices are much too high for what he say is "parts only" stuff. Essentially the stuff may or may not work, but it is priced as if it does and he won't give a refund if it doesn't.

with every listing he posts an abusive rant including that "photography is dead."
To be fair, I think he is saying that film photography is dead, but his punctuation is so bad it could mean anything. "fable"?? :
QuoteQuote:
IF YOU WANT TO DO A PICTURES WITH THIS CAMERA /old fable/but,film photography is dead!
09-02-2023, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #3306
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster

VINTAGE 1938 Rollei Rolleicord Drp Drgm TESSAR 7.5Cm/3.8 Twin Lens Camera.READ | eBay

For months he's been trying to sell what he claims was father's collection, and he wants to sell them for parts or not working, which I understand. But with every listing he posts an abusive rant including that "photography is dead." No way am I going to buy from this seller. And the prices are to high for parts and not working. Here's his rant:

VERY IMPORTANT !! FOR ME IF ANY FILM CAMERA WAS NOT TESTED WITH FILM IS AUTOMATICALLY ,,UNTESTED,, THAN THIS IS A REAL REASON FOR RETURN THE CAMERA TO SELLER!

ATT.:READ CAREFULLY THE DESCRIPTION! DO NOT WRITE AFTER PURCHASE THAT YOU EXPECTED NEW FUNCTIONING CAMERA. PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE OF YOUR DECISION.
READ FEW TIMES TO UNDERSTAND!
This is for collector not a photographer.From collection of my father,exhibition camera. DRP/DEUTSCHE REICH PRODUKTION/ 985117 DRGM. With original leather case. I DO NOT GIVE ANY WARRANTY!! AS IS! UNTESTED, MAY OR MAY NOT WORK! CONDITION:AS IS! For parts or repair.Price calculated as parts value and eBay provision.I am not photographer,I do not know how to test the stuff properly. The independent technical expertise of equipment cost average $100.00 and does not give warranty that client will not complain it and eBay keeps clients right first!!In many cases expertise cost is greater as value of offered item!! SALE IS FINAL NO RETURNS.No front lens cap.Lens is old:The buyers can find dust,fungus and scratches even in new lens if they want it !! My info is honest and true,I do not try to hide anything. Product images are of the actual item up for sale.IF YOU WANT TO DO A PICTURES WITH THIS CAMERA /old fable/but,film photography is dead! DO NOT BUY IT.I WARNED YOU!! This is the main reason of all returns!!
Shipped with USPS Mail continental USA only.
The biggest red flag is he's in Florida. Most of those lenses will be mushroom farms...

If this guy really wanted to get rid of these cameras he would just donate them to Goodwill and get a tax deduction...
09-08-2023, 12:24 PM   #3307
Pentaxian

I was searching for Samsung gear in the photo and video section of the classifieds to feed my GAS expand my collection. This was the top result. Close enough, I guess.

Sony ZV-E10 Camera and accessories | Empangeni | Gumtree South Africa

09-09-2023, 03:43 AM   #3308
Pentaxian

Judging from the less than helpful photos, this looks more like M42 than PK - anyone agree ?

Pentax Takumar 135mm f2.5 Prime Telephoto Lens PK Mount | eBay
09-09-2023, 05:01 AM   #3309
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Judging from the less than helpful photos, this looks more like M42 than PK - anyone agree ?

Pentax Takumar 135mm f2.5 Prime Telephoto Lens PK Mount | eBay
Maybe it will go cheap...
09-09-2023, 05:09 AM   #3310
Pentaxian

For 1 you could find out as I doubt there will be any other bidders. In the description they say "Designed for use with Pentax K cameras" but I'm sure no K-mount lens ever had those heavily fluted focus rings.

Then, also from the description :-
" .. the bundled front and rear lens caps provide protection when not in use. ... No front or rear caps "

I guessed tfrom the appaling photo quality that this seller was not into photo stuff - on the contrary most of his stuff is photographic, although, bizarrely, his dealership name is americansnackstoreuk. Does that sound like a good place to buy camera gear? Also bizarre is that on that page Ebay recommend as a "Similar Item" a Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 bidding at the moment at 1014.00
09-09-2023, 10:56 AM   #3311
Pentaxian

If it has a Pentax cap, then it must be a Pentax lens?

Pentax Takumar Bayonet 135mm 2.5 K Mount Telephoto Prime Lens Tested Working | eBay

---------- Post added 2023-09-09 at 20:04 ----------

I must be mistaken. There are lots of Asahi Pentax Takumar Bayonet 135mm lenses- out there in the bay. Nowhere on the lens does it say Pentax, but what do I know?
09-09-2023, 04:05 PM   #3312
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
For 1 you could find out as I doubt there will be any other bidders. In the description they say "Designed for use with Pentax K cameras" but I'm sure no K-mount lens ever had those heavily fluted focus rings.

Then, also from the description :-
" .. the bundled front and rear lens caps provide protection when not in use. ... No front or rear caps "

I guessed tfrom the appaling photo quality that this seller was not into photo stuff - on the contrary most of his stuff is photographic, although, bizarrely, his dealership name is americansnackstoreuk. Does that sound like a good place to buy camera gear? Also bizarre is that on that page Ebay recommend as a "Similar Item" a Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 bidding at the moment at 1014.00
1.20 now...
09-10-2023, 08:42 AM   #3313
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
If it has a Pentax cap, then it must be a Pentax lens?

Pentax Takumar Bayonet 135mm 2.5 K Mount Telephoto Prime Lens Tested Working | eBay

---------- Post added 2023-09-09 at 20:04 ----------

I must be mistaken. There are lots of Asahi Pentax Takumar Bayonet 135mm lenses- out there in the bay. Nowhere on the lens does it say Pentax, but what do I know?
All his other items appear to be kids' toys.
09-12-2023, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #3314
Pentaxian

Pentax Camera Super F1 | eBay

Was this a short-lived collaboration between Penon and Cantax ?
09-12-2023, 09:13 AM   #3315
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
pentax camera super f1 | ebay

was this a short-lived collaboration between penon and cantax ?
Name:  Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 12.13.08 PM.png
Views: 80
Size:  24.9 KB