Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2018, 05:50 AM   #31
Pentaxian
Wasp's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pretoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,060
Description reads:

Pentax camera with extra lens.

And this is about the best picture of a bad lot.

That's it. Aaaarrrggghhh!



_____________________________________________________________________________

And then there is this one:

Pentax Zoom 3.5 35-150mm macro super A lens

I could not find anything like that in the lens database.




Last edited by Wasp; 08-16-2018 at 06:00 AM.
08-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,177
Saw this on eBay a couple of days ago.In "unknown condition ,untouched for 30 years" Honeywell Pentax ES F 35mm Camera Lenses, Vivitar, Takumar, and vintage Tripod | eBay
08-16-2018, 07:10 AM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 13,314
QuoteOriginally posted by 17dew Quote
Saw this on eBay a couple of days ago.In "unknown condition ,untouched for 30 years" Honeywell Pentax ES F 35mm Camera Lenses, Vivitar, Takumar, and vintage Tripod | eBay
Yikes. I hope that ES has a body cap on it... Otherwise it's going to be full of deteriorating foam
08-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RGlasel's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Saskatoon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,300
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
And then there is this one:Pentax Zoom 3.5 35-150mm macro super A lensI could not find anything like that in the lens database.
Could it be a 35-210mm zoom with the lens barrel only partially extended? Whoever is trying to sell it has a) no experience in product photography and b) very little knowledge in how to use either the Super A body or the lens mounted to it.

08-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,615
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Could it be a 35-210mm zoom with the lens barrel only partially extended? Whoever is trying to sell it has a) no experience in product photography and b) very little knowledge in how to use either the Super A body or the lens mounted to it.
It's not a Pentax lens.

Tokina made a 35-200 3.5-4.5...This may be one, or it may be a rebadged lens.
08-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #36
Pentaxian
Just1MoreDave's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,466
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Description reads:

Pentax camera with extra lens.

And this is about the best picture of a bad lot.

That's it. Aaaarrrggghhh!
If that was on an auction site, with a low opening bid, it could be a deal. I used to take chances on that kind of thing. You won't have a lot of bidding competition. Probably a K-x or K-r, 18-55, 55-300.
08-17-2018, 03:51 AM   #37
Pentaxian
Wasp's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pretoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,060
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
If that was on an auction site, with a low opening bid, it could be a deal. I used to take chances on that kind of thing. You won't have a lot of bidding competition. Probably a K-x or K-r, 18-55, 55-300.
Sadly, it is on a classified site with a fantasy land price.

Your guess of body and lenses looks good, thanks for the input. My mild(!) case of LBA doesn't need an 18-55 or 55-300 right now, hehehe. A K-r might be nice, but I am holding out for something newer and/or more advanced. I have a K-x to tide me over until then.

Your strategy does work, though. I once picked up a 135mm f/2.8 on an auction site for about one dollar. The seller described it as a camera lens, nothing else. The pictures only showed the maximum aperture. Based on the size of the thing and the shape of the rear cap, I took a chance. Shipping was about $10 but my guess of 135mm, M42 was spot on.
08-17-2018, 10:49 AM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,615
Original Poster
This has got to be the most overpriced shop on Etsy...

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 1.47.24 PM.png
Views: 317
Size:  630.5 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 1.49.00 PM.png
Views: 312
Size:  598.4 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 1.49.20 PM.png
Views: 311
Size:  617.0 KB

08-17-2018, 03:15 PM - 1 Like   #39
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 13,314
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
This has got to be the most overpriced shop on Etsy...
Interestingly, the ludicrous $235 for that P3 and lenses is still better value than $25 for the give-away, fixed-focus, all-plastic "TIME" camera with "AUTO FIX FOCUS" 50mm f/6 "KINETIC OPTICAL COLOR LENS"
08-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,615
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Interestingly, the ludicrous $235 for that P3 and lenses is still better value than $25 for the give-away, fixed-focus, all-plastic "TIME" camera with "AUTO FIX FOCUS" 50mm f/6 "KINETIC OPTICAL COLOR LENS"
There are collectors who collect advertising give away cameras...but no one is going to pay $25 for one...It's a garage sale or rummage sale item (boot sale to you )
08-17-2018, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,589
Linking it because it's rare to find home made parts for cameras. Aside perhaps from straps, 6x7 wooden handles and such, I've never seen glued together lens adapters


"ADAPTER FOR PRAKTISIX/PENTACON 6 LENS USE ON PENTAX 67, APPEARS HOMEMADE, STICKY WITH TAPE RESIDUE, ELSE LOOKS EX "

HOMEMADE ADAPTER FOR PRAKTISIX/PENTACON 6 LENS USE ON PENTAX 67/204249 | eBay
08-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #42
Pentaxian
Wasp's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pretoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,060
How about this overpriced P30 kit? Yours for about $150. Nice looking bag, though.

08-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,615
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
How about this overpriced P30 kit? Yours for about $150. Nice looking bag, though.
Nah. I've already got 2...and the A 35-80, and that flash...It is a nice bag though
08-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #44
Pentaxian
Wasp's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pretoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,060
The lens from hell? It is all scratched, there are separations in an inner element, fungus and dust, front and rear surfaces have marks. At least the aperture and focus works.

But it is the famed SMC Pentax A 50mm f/1.2. Bidding is currently at $35 with two days to go. But can is it worth even that? Can be it be fixed?



SMC Pentax-A 50mm 1:1.2 Super Fast Lens For Pentax LX, ME Super Etc Cameras | eBay
08-18-2018, 01:50 PM - 3 Likes   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,615
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
The lens from hell? It is all scratched, there are separations in an inner element, fungus and dust, front and rear surfaces have marks. At least the aperture and focus works.

But it is the famed SMC Pentax A 50mm f/1.2. Bidding is currently at $35 with two days to go. But can is it worth even that? Can be it be fixed?



SMC Pentax-A 50mm 1:1.2 Super Fast Lens For Pentax LX, ME Super Etc Cameras | eBay
$35 seems a bit steep for a K-mount rear lens cap. You can get them on eBay for like $2...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
6x7, 85mm, amazon.com, body, box, brand, camera, cameras, change, dslr, ebay, edition, f/2, focus, k1000, k3, k3 prestige edition, length, lens, lenses, macro, minolta, mx, pentax, photography, post, prestige, price, section
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time seeing a 200m lens on shopgoodwill disconnekt Pentax Film SLR Discussion 12 05-02-2018 07:46 AM
MZ-3 and 43mm Limited (?) On shopgoodwill.com babywriter Pentax Price Watch 5 04-22-2018 12:40 AM
Leica's found on Shopgoodwill! disconnekt Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 6 04-16-2018 11:33 PM
Worst Ebay Purchase? nanc6 General Photography 26 12-30-2014 11:14 AM
The worst ebay auction... heliphoto General Talk 15 06-09-2009 09:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top