Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1362 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2020, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #1381
Pentaxian

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
It consistently amazes me how many listerers fail to actually, and carefully, read their listings BEFORE (or even after!) they put them on the websites!
Maybe they are hysterical about shifting some useless item - they may have listeria !

05-24-2020, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #1382
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Maybe they are hysterical about shifting some useless item - they may have listeria !
Does listeria bring with it "delusions of grandure" - or even just delusions
05-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #1383
Pentaxian

Other people have delusions - i merely adopt a different world view.
05-24-2020, 01:02 PM   #1384
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is up for sale. For the asking price I could have a used Fujifilm XE2 with a new K mount lens adapter. It just makes me sad. The worst part of it is that I am going to be seeing this ad for a long, long time. I check the site daily for new listings and nobody is going to buy this. Sigh...

Collection of cameras | Parow | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 734531923

05-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #1385
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
This is up for sale. For the asking price I could have a used Fujifilm XE2 with a new K mount lens adapter. It just makes me sad. The worst part of it is that I am going to be seeing this ad for a long, long time. I check the site daily for new listings and nobody is going to buy this. Sigh...

Collection of cameras | Parow | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 734531923
Is it "me", or do a disproportionate number of the "interesting listings" highlighted in this thread seem to originate in Sud Afrika - are the sellers there just more "delusional" that those elsewhere???????
05-24-2020, 01:58 PM   #1386
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
Is it "me", or do a disproportionate number of the "interesting listings" highlighted in this thread seem to originate in Sud Afrika - are the sellers there just more "delusional" that those elsewhere???????
I think it's because @Wasp posts here a lot, and is in South Africa...
05-24-2020, 02:04 PM - 2 Likes   #1387
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I think it's because @Wasp posts here a lot, and is in South Africa...
I will own up to spending far too much time browsing the classifieds. And yes, Safricans form deep emotional attachments to their camera gear. The result is crazy pricing.

05-24-2020, 02:43 PM   #1388
Pentaxian

Crazy as this ?

Vintage lens for SLR camera | eBay
05-24-2020, 03:50 PM - 3 Likes   #1389
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From the dusty records of the online sales...

I think we've all seen some of these classics.

- Craig

"It worked when I put it into storage 20 years ago. Might need a new battery."

"All shutter speeds sound right."

"The front glass is shattered, but otherwise it's in mint condition."

"Pentax NEd camera. $400. I know what it's worth, so no low balls."

"3 film cameras -- Yashic, Cannon, Minolts. $300 firm for the lot. I won't sell individually."

"I have some old rolls of film I can throw in to sweeten the deal."

Three blurry wide-angle pictures of the lot, taken from slightly different angles in dim lighting.

Blurry image of lens -- head-on front view, with generic cap.

"Vintage camera with lense and two extra lenses (49mm and 52mm)."

"Pentax K7, paid $1300 new. Asking $750. No lens."
Two months later:
"PRICE DROP! Pentax K7, paid $1300 new. Asking $725."

"Full box of old camera stuff. Too much to post pictures.
Send me an email to let me know what you're looking for."

"Barely used digital cameras. Will trade."

"Includes a Pentax M F1.2 lens."

"Camera is minty mint mint."

"For sale: Trendy Olympic Trip35 camera. NOT DIGITAL. Excellent condition. Asking $175."

1 picture of the camera, 3 pictures of the case.

"Zoom lens 28x80"
05-25-2020, 02:34 AM   #1390
Veteran Member

Yup...love the ones wher they focus on the fact its got a nice case.

Theres some melon on ebay at the moment trying to unload a Minolta MD lens in 1.2 and asking £99 as a starting bid. Because I am merciful, and also dont want this showing up in my searches every day for the next 10 years I dropepd him a line to say its worth at most £20 as its an f2 not an f1.2 but he said he had done his research, Obviously he is reading the f ratio of the lens wrong and he also has it listed as an Adaptall.

Its going to be up there a long time
05-25-2020, 06:14 AM   #1391
Pentaxian

Ages ago, saw an image of a Yashica TLR being sold as a stereo camera. Two lenses - must be stereo.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asahi-Pentax-49mm-Extension-Tube-Set-Vintage-Exce...0&LH_Auction=1

Extension tubes with a filter thread ? Novel.
05-25-2020, 06:38 AM - 2 Likes   #1392
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Yup...love the ones wher they focus on the fact its got a nice case.

Theres some melon on ebay at the moment trying to unload a Minolta MD lens in 1.2 and asking £99 as a starting bid. Because I am merciful, and also dont want this showing up in my searches every day for the next 10 years I dropepd him a line to say its worth at most £20 as its an f2 not an f1.2 but he said he had done his research, Obviously he is reading the f ratio of the lens wrong and he also has it listed as an Adaptall.

Its going to be up there a long time
That's been around since before lockdown ! He's amended it slightly - now says 1:2 lens, but still listed as Adaptall (cos that's what it says on the lens cap, right ?). I think he should be upgraded from melon to lemon.
05-25-2020, 07:02 AM   #1393
Veteran Member

hey - the man said he had done his research and would hold out - maybe in a some time we will be buying it off his grandkids ? That will be the eBay line of 'DEEERRR I no nuffink but grandad sed it was worth lots' - seen a few of those.

I am hoping when I go my kids will put the lot on a funeral pyre rather than have them posting stuff on eBay in a clueless manner.
05-25-2020, 09:12 AM - 2 Likes   #1394
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
"Full box of old camera stuff. Too much to post pictures.
Send me an email to let me know what you're looking for."
A slight variation on that.

Seller: I have far too much stuff to list or to tell you about on the phone. Just come round and see what I have.

Me: Uhm, that is a three hour round trip for me. Maybe one day.
05-25-2020, 10:53 AM - 5 Likes   #1395
Pentaxian

The thing that gets me is that we don't have to search for these troglodytes - they proudly parade their ignorance before us daily.

How about if they advertised 'Car for sale - windscreen cracked, but only on Driver's side. No wheels, but easily available on Ebay. Cost me £20,000 twelve years ago - looking for £19,750 or near offer.' We'd hear the laughter from Land's End to John O'Groats.