Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1364 Likes Search this Thread
06-10-2020, 03:18 PM   #1471
Pentaxian

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Wowsa....how about a ‘wonderful piece of history’

Yep a history of mould and fungus and comes with a free camera. Eeeeh wants more for that than l will be selling a mint serviced one with the very lovely 1.4 lens as soon as the test film comes back.
I don't think a quick spin in a dishwasher could do anything but good - or maybe a car wash.

06-10-2020, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #1472
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
It has been on Ebay for ages and has been on this thread before. I've been saving up for it by putting any pennies I get in a jar, and I've asked the guy not to sell it to anyone else in the meantime, I mean it could catch the eye of someone like Bill Gates and it would be tough to out-bid them.
06-11-2020, 06:26 AM   #1473
Pentaxian

Here's a chance to acquire a AF160S flash unit for only £43 with the postage. It even has an "ENERGY SAVER" sticker on the front to help save the planet, although these things are so feeble I would have thought that energy usage was the least of their problems.

PENTAX Flash Af 160 S | eBay

More seriously, I have never seen that sticker on other examples. Assuming it is original, I guess it is an early model back when it was more usual for auto flash control to be by dumping any superfluous capacitor charge into an internal "dark" flash tube after the subject had been lit enough, thus requiring the capacitor to be re-charged from empty for each shot. It was therefore something to boast about that the thyristor circuit could switch off the current rather than dump it, thus saving charge and enabling quicker re-charging.

Last edited by Lord Lucan; 06-11-2020 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Tpyo, clarity
06-11-2020, 09:10 AM   #1474
Pentaxian

Something truly wondrous: a K110D that can do video. Yeah, right. The answer is just a quick internet search away, but why bother? Just type whatever comes into your head. Details on the lenses? Trivial detail, who cares?

PENTAX K110 D VIDEO CAMERA IN MINT AND WORKING CONDITION FOR SALE. | Glenmore | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 739883209

---------- Post added 2020-06-11 at 18:15 ----------

I don't think a quick spin in a dishwasher could do anything but good - or maybe a car wash.
This might do the trick.

06-11-2020, 09:54 AM   #1475
Veteran Member

And so it comes round again after an absence of about a week (its been up since the lockdown started) , hope it seems springs eternal but I have to wonder when this seller will wake up.....

TAMRON ADAPTALL 2 For MINOLTA Camera Lens MD 50mm 1:2 JAPAN 49mm Inc Hard Case 43325400308 | eBay
06-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #1476
Pentaxian

And so it comes round again after an absence of about a week (its been up since the lockdown started) , hope it seems springs eternal but I have to wonder when this seller will wake up.....

TAMRON ADAPTALL 2 For MINOLTA Camera Lens MD 50mm 1:2 JAPAN 49mm Inc Hard Case 43325400308 | eBay
Extensive researches at Oxford
By Darwin, and Huxley, and Ball
Have conclusively proved that the Hedgehog -

Is not in this reply. However, these same researches have indicated a possible date for this seller, and indeed all the others who make our lives so frustrating, yet provide both amusement and a justifiable feeling of superiority, will eventually come to their respective and cumulative senses :

When Hell Freezes Over.

Last edited by 35mmfilmfan; 06-11-2020 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Checking external temperature of Hades
06-11-2020, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #1477
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Something truly wondrous: a K110D that can do video. Yeah, right.
What the heck? Six more-or-less identical general view photos (except one is in portrait format) followed by two copies of posters for a second-hand car dealer.

Would the sale include the angle grinder in the photos? It could be useful for removing lenses that are stuck on with the Ricoh pin.

06-12-2020, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #1478
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Vintage JCII 72 PASSED Original Quality Control Sticker | Etsy

$14.52

If I could find enough suckers buyers I could fund a new lens.

Last edited by boriscleto; 06-12-2020 at 07:54 AM.
06-12-2020, 08:30 AM   #1479
Pentaxian

Wowsa....how about a ‘wonderful piece of history’

Vintage Minolta SR-T 101 Camera | eBay

Yep a history of mould and fungus and comes with a free camera. Eeeeh wants more for that than l will be selling a mint serviced one with the very lovely 1.4 lens as soon as the test film comes back.
Same seller has a really "eclectic" range of other stuff on offer, including a Landrover Defender TDI with a starting price of a hundred quid (wonder what that'll sell for ??) and this little "gem" of a "Gmtex Gt304 35mm Camera With Box" @ 30 quid + £3.10 P&P
06-12-2020, 09:23 AM   #1480
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
What the heck? Six more-or-less identical general view photos (except one is in portrait format) followed by two copies of posters for a second-hand car dealer.

Would the sale include the angle grinder in the photos? It could be useful for removing lenses that are stuck on with the Ricoh pin.
The car dealer images are ads served up by the web site - sneaky.

The seller is a dealer who sells used junk stuff. The picture was probably taken inside the shop. I am familiar with these sort of shops because I frequent them looking for lenses. Sadly my hit rate is very low. In two years I have turned up an SMC Pentax M 50mm f/1.7 and a Ricoh 50mm f/2. The Pentax came with a broken Chinon camera.

---------- Post added 2020-06-12 at 18:30 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Vintage JCII 72 PASSED Original Quality Control Sticker | Etsy

$14.52

If I could find enough suckers buyers I could fund a new lens.
It that is the going price, then I have peeled off and thrown away a small fortune's worth of those little suckers...
06-12-2020, 09:33 AM   #1481
Pentaxian

Don't you hate it when sellers wallpaper the Ebay pages with repetitive offers of the same item? But wait, these unbranded flash units are supposed to be specifically for different cameras - yeah, that's right, with a single contact on the shoe.

Strangely, he recommends three "different" ones for the Pentax K-1, K-1 Mkii, and the K-3. However, the K-1 apparently shares its flash characteristics with a Panasonic Lumix, while the K-3 shares characteristics with a Leica M10. From the punctuation he seems to think that Panasonic makes Pentax cameras - does he know something?

Following the link to the unit for the "Panasonic Pentax K-1 Mkii" we find it proudly shown fitted to a Canon EOS 500D, but for all the seven photos, not one shows the back and there is no other clue as to what modes this thing has other than what looks like a sensor on the front. But contrary to first appearances it does have a tilt head!

DSLR Camera Flash / Flashgun & Flash Cover For Panasonic Pentax K-1 Mark II | eBay

Last edited by Lord Lucan; 06-12-2020 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Tpyo
06-12-2020, 10:46 AM   #1482
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
Same seller has a really "eclectic" range of other stuff on offer, including a Landrover Defender TDI with a starting price of a hundred quid (wonder what that'll sell for ??)
His details say 'By Appointment' - to whom, one wonders ? Or does he mean dis- ?
06-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #1483
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Don't you hate it when sellers wallpaper the Ebay pages with repetitive offers of the same item? But wait, these unbranded flash units are supposed to be specifically for different cameras - yeah, that's right, with a single contact on the shoe.

Strangely, he recommends three "different" ones for the Pentax K-1, K-1 Mkii, and the K-3. However, the K-1 apparently shares its flash characteristics with a Panasonic Lumix, while the K-3 shares characteristics with a Leica M10. From the punctuation he seems to think that Panasonic makes Pentax cameras - does he know something?

Following the link to the unit for the "Panasonic Pentax K-1 Mkii" we find it proudly shown fitted to a Canon EOS 500D, but for all the seven photos, not one shows the back and there is no other clue as to what modes this thing has other than what looks like a sensor on the front. But contrary to first appearances it does have a tilt head!
But every item listed is specifically for a different camera / whatever, not just with a list of potential fitments. Then again, some buyers do search merely for their own particular camera, so maybe he is covering all bases.

Nice to note that he lives in the UK part of the United Kingdom - these specifics are so important.

06-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #1484
Pentaxian

A camera that has been off the market since 2015 but has only been used for a few months. There is a good story there. For more money than a brand new Canon EOS4000D? Take my money, please!

QuoteQuote:
I only used it for a few months since I moved over to another brand after that.

Olympus OMD EM10 Mki Mirrorless Camera With Kit Lens | City Centre | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 727749422

---------- Post added 2020-06-12 at 22:16 ----------

But every item listed is specifically for a different camera / whatever, not just with a list of potential fitments. Then again, some buyers do search merely for their own particular camera, so maybe he is covering all bases.
This sort of thing gets very, very old when it is applied to filters, straps, bags etc. If I am looking for a "37mm UV filter" I would not type "Pentax" into the search box.
06-13-2020, 02:08 AM   #1485
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote

This sort of thing gets very, very old when it is applied to filters, straps, bags etc. If I am looking for a "37mm UV filter" I would not type "Pentax" into the search box.

Indeed I agree, but not everyone, vendor or purchaser, is as aware that many components are interchangeable - you only have to look at Tamron Adaptall ads to realise that ! Or the other variety where the seller has read the 'manual', covering lenses available with different mounts, and assumes an individual lens will fit any of the mounts listed.

Reading many of these ads, I am reminded of the words of Oscar Wilde : 'God, when creating the Human Race, greatly over-estimated His own abilities'.