Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1364 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #916
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Forget thorium lenses - this one's contaminated !

SMC Pentax -FA 28-70mm, f/1.4 Lens for Pentax 35mm SLR Camera, Contaminated | eBay

And I think f1.4 is a little overoptimistic.
I've owned two copies...The first was so hazed you couldn't even see through the lens, probably left in a hot car too long. The second was "Contaminted"...

01-07-2020, 03:19 PM   #917
Pentaxian

SMC Pentax -FA 28-70mm, f/1.4 Lens for Pentax 35mm SLR Camera, Contaminated | eBay

Maybe 3 stops
01-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #918
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums

Yeah, (f)1:4.

And it has fungus.
01-07-2020, 05:57 PM   #919
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I just offered $35 for the repainted with small dents camera. Also told the seller it was no longer a collector’s piece sine it was repainted, and painted over small dents. They rejected my offer.
The seller has it set so that it automatically rejects offers below a certain amount. I wouldn't doubt it if it's set to reject anything under $1200.

01-08-2020, 03:14 AM   #920
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Here we go. A genuine Pentax lens, not perfect, but not bad either.

But.

It is missing a crucial component.

[Excellent+++++] Pentax SMC PENTAX REFLEX 1000mm f/11 Lens From Japan 800 | eBay

Doesn't sound like excellent condition to me.

And how can he tell how it functions? The mount part is missing.

No caps.

No case.

No mount.

Useless.

A paperweight.
Here is one that is intact.

Don't get excited yet. At $2650 it is not exactly priced to sell.

Pentax SMC Reflex 1000mm f:11 Mirror Tele Lens - NIB | eBay

---------- Post added 2020-01-08 at 12:31 ----------

Apparently Pentax has released a mirrorless camera. It is very special. You can get an adaptar (sic) for it to use Canon FD mount lenses. And if you state it in camel case buyers will flock to your door. Sigh...

QuoteQuote:
Canon 55mm f1.2 FD Lens

A Beautiful Lens To Use On A Canon Film Camera Or To Use On One Of The New Digital Camera's (No Mirror) With An Adaptar... Fuji,Olympus,Pentax, Canon etc

Canon 55mm f1.2 FD Lens | Rosebank | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 525110268
The asking price is about USD450. It has been listed for a very long time. I am sure that it is indeed a beautiful lens, though.

Last edited by Wasp; 01-09-2020 at 01:13 PM. Reason: fix tag
01-08-2020, 03:50 AM   #921
Pentaxian

This seems to bear a striking resemblance to an ME Super with f1.7 lens, for some reason.

AOC Asahi Pentax K1000 35mm SLR Camera with SMC Pentax M 50mm f2 lens+new seals | eBay
01-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #922
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This seems to bear a striking resemblance to an ME Super with f1.7 lens, for some reason.

AOC Asahi Pentax K1000 35mm SLR Camera with SMC Pentax M 50mm f2 lens+new seals | eBay
It looks like they fixed the auction title, but the description is still wrong.

01-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #923
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Here is one that is intact.

Don't get excited yet. At $2650 it is not exactly priced to sell.

Pentax SMC Reflex 1000mm f:11 Mirror Tele Lens - NIB | eBay

---------- Post added 2020-01-08 at 12:31 ----------

Apparently Pentax has released a mirrorless camera. It is very special. You can get an adaptar (sic) for it to use Canon FD mount lenses. And if you state it in camel case buyers will flock to your door. Sigh...

The asking price is about USD450. It has been listed for a very long time. I am sure that it is indeed a beautiful lens, though.
Nice looking lens.

I see the mount has a mechanical coupling, what is that? The aperture is fixed at f11, so what connection to the camere is required?

Oh, and your bb code tag should end with /img, not /jpg.

01-08-2020, 06:35 PM   #924
Veteran Member

Saw a couple of Pentax (program plus and Super A) on shopgoodwill with “buy it now” prices of $50 - with no indication that they are functional. I thought that traditionally “buy it now” items also had the option of bidding, starting at a price much lower than the buy it now price, but not these. Usually if you are willing to risk being outbid, you can get it lower than the “buy it now price.” Not sure If this is new or not. Seems like a poor gamble. You are essentially paying the price of an item in excellent condition and in guaranteed 100% working order for an item with no suggestion of whether it works or not.

Last edited by Lhorn; 01-08-2020 at 06:48 PM.
01-08-2020, 09:08 PM   #925

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Saw a couple of Pentax (program plus and Super A) on shopgoodwill with “buy it now” prices of $50 - with no indication that they are functional. I thought that traditionally “buy it now” items also had the option of bidding, starting at a price much lower than the buy it now price, but not these. Usually if you are willing to risk being outbid, you can get it lower than the “buy it now price.” Not sure If this is new or not. Seems like a poor gamble. You are essentially paying the price of an item in excellent condition and in guaranteed 100% working order for an item with no suggestion of whether it works or not.
I'd say the buy it now prices are excessive, but I think almost all final sales prices on shopgoodwill are excessive for camera equipment. I've only recently started following camera equipment on shopgoodwill, and I'm baffled by the place. Usually untested with no guarantee, yet selling prices seem generally well above prices on ebay.
01-09-2020, 12:40 AM   #926
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KSSteve Quote
I'd say the buy it now prices are excessive, but I think almost all final sales prices on shopgoodwill are excessive for camera equipment. I've only recently started following camera equipment on shopgoodwill, and I'm baffled by the place. Usually untested with no guarantee, yet selling prices seem generally well above prices on ebay.
Yeah, I've noticed the prices on shopgoodwill have been higher than usual the last few months. The "Buy now" prices have seem to be higher (near the $30 price and up), and starting bids are more around the $15+ mark, and some even starting at like $50+.
01-09-2020, 01:04 AM   #927
Veteran Member

They’d do themselves a great service by taking better pictures of their stuff, having someone wipe off the layer of dust on the lenses before photographing and having a few LR44 batteries around so they can do even cursory testing of their stuff. But on the other hand, as mentioned above, they get a pretty good price for “untested” items so why change?
01-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #928
Pentaxian

And again, the illiterate conning the ill-informed :

Pentax x-300 35mm film camera (TESTED WITH FILM) | eBay

One wonders how they managed to achieve 66.7% positive feedback - friends and family, perchance ?
01-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #929
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've bought a couple things from goodwill, and while I've only bought a couple cheapy lenses, i'm not super impressed. Maybe priced accurately, but they could've also been tossed in the garbage. I'm keeping them for experimentation for now. eventually, they'll also get turfed. I would be very reluctant to shell out $50 for a PP or SA from them...

On the plus side, reasonably fast shipping, and well packed.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
01-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #930
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

And again, the illiterate conning the ill-informed :

Pentax x-300 35mm film camera (TESTED WITH FILM) | eBay

One wonders how they managed to achieve 66.7% positive feedback - friends and family, perchance ?
When I see a feedback rating that poor, I generally pass the item by.