Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2020, 01:32 AM - 1 Like   #1456
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The front bezel is missing. This seems to be the case with quite a few used lenses - what do their owners do? Eat them?

06-09-2020, 05:06 AM   #1457
Pentaxian

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....Samsung NX kit was worth big money. Another ad that traveled through a wormhole in the space-time continuum from there. Over USD1000 for a product from a dead camera brand that hasn't been on sale for years? You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

Samsung Nx1 Camera and Samsung 16-50mm OIS lens. | Other | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 743132186
06-09-2020, 05:20 AM - 2 Likes   #1458
Pentaxian

No it's not an MX for £12

.. and it's not even a case for an MX ..

It's a box for the case for an MX

But It comes with the original instruction leaflet. Instructions for the box? For the case? Good, I'd never figure out how to use a case.

Pentax Mx Box For Soft Case 35mm SLR Camera | eBay

---------- Post added 09-06-20 at 05:51 ----------

Broken "Black" KM

A rare "black" KM, and BIN price only £533 + £26 postage

I think the guy is colour blind, and it does not even work..

Funny he does not mention the flash unit (does he know it detaches?), or lens, and I love the Nikon lens cap.

Rare Black!?EXC+4 w/ Strap ? Pentax KM Body SLR 35mm Film Camera From JAPAN | eBay

Last edited by Lord Lucan; 06-09-2020 at 05:52 AM.
06-09-2020, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #1459
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Broken "Black" KM

A rare "black" KM, and BIN price only £533 + £26 postage

I think the guy is colour blind, and it does not even work..

Funny he does not mention the flash unit (does he know it detaches?), or lens, and I love the Nikon lens cap.

Rare Black!?EXC+4 w/ Strap ? Pentax KM Body SLR 35mm Film Camera From JAPAN | eBay
Who wouldn't jump at the chance to spend $680 on a broken 45 year old camera?

06-09-2020, 07:10 AM   #1460

No it's not an MX for £12

.. and it's not even a case for an MX ..

It's a box for the case for an MX
Hard core collectors will buy boxes. Some want boxes and paperwork as well as the equipment. Equipment sold with the original boxes is much more desirable than without Price may be steep but it may be worth it to someone. One man's trash...
06-09-2020, 11:35 AM   #1461
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Equipment sold with the original boxes is much more desirable than without Price may be steep but it may be worth it to someone.
I know, because I am one of those people myself But I'd want to get the box with the equipment and would not buy it retrospectively, and I think £12 is a bit steep for the box for a case - it is about what I'd aim to spend on the case itself. It might be worth it for a camera box. I wonder how that empty box would fare in the post?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pentex Camera Kit

Now a very tired heap of junk for £344 including postage.
Vtg 60s Pentex Lot H3V Camera Lens Case Film Sekonic Light Meter Flash Bracket | eBay
Perhaps the H3V has rarity value, a Pentex one too, because the flashgun is certainly not adding much.
QuoteQuote:
the metal contact that is on the lid [of the flash battery compartment] is rusted, so when I took 2 small pieces of folded aluminum foil, placed in on them and closed it, the flash light up an worked. I tested it with the foil on the camera and detached from the camera. When the foil is on it, the flash works. I left the small pieces of foil inside hte battery compartment to use for its next owner.
........ also include a vintage Sekonic light meter. I am not sure who it works
At least he's sorted out the flash for us then. Shame about the light meter, but you get a part used film thrown in!

06-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #1462
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Hard core collectors will buy boxes. Some want boxes and paperwork as well as the equipment. Equipment sold with the original boxes is much more desirable than without Price may be steep but it may be worth it to someone. One man's trash...
In this case the guy is deluded. MX bodies don't fetch big money (yet). Now if it was a box for a K1000 soft case...

The thing is, how do I know that this is the real deal original Pentax cardboard and not some reproduction? What is the market for counterfeit boxes like?

06-09-2020, 01:14 PM - 3 Likes   #1463
Pentaxian

I do know people who keep equipment in the original boxes even when they go out to use it. Someone with whom I go birding occasionally has his tripod in a plastic sleeve inside the original cardboard box, with the Q/R plate still attached. His scope is likewise in a plastic sleeve in the cardboard box. Each box is wrapped in bubble wrap, with a rubber band around it, then each package is placed inside a padded holdall. When we get somewhere, I can have a list of twenty or so while he is still setting up, and trying to get the Q/R plate onto the scope and pointing in the right direction. It is often painful to watch.
06-09-2020, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #1464
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
I do know people who keep equipment in the original boxes even when they go out to use it. Someone with whom I go birding occasionally has his tripod in a plastic sleeve inside the original cardboard box, with the Q/R plate still attached. His scope is likewise in a plastic sleeve in the cardboard box. Each box is wrapped in bubble wrap, with a rubber band around it, then each package is placed inside a padded holdall. When we get somewhere, I can have a list of twenty or so while he is still setting up, and trying to get the Q/R plate onto the scope and pointing in the right direction. It is often painful to watch.
Cameras and accessories are, as I am concerned, there for taking photos!

OTOH, if someone wants to "treasure" theirs then they should keep those items "in the cupboard", and not take it/them out to actually take photos
06-10-2020, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #1465
Pentaxian

I'm looking for lens cases, and it is exasperating that many sellers give external dimensions but not internal (what use is that?) or no dimensions at all. In this case (pun unintended), apart from approximate external dimensions, he tells us it possibly fits a Miranda 135mm.

Rare Vintage Miranda 135mm ???? hard Lens case In Lovely condition | eBay
QuoteQuote:
Here is a nice clean Miranda lens hard case possibly for a 135mm ???
Approx 13mm exterior length , 7cm wide .
Rather than relying on owners of Miranda 135mm lenses wanting a case, he could increase the numbers of potential buyers by two orders of magnitude if he only told us what size of lens it would take!

Anyway, this one is in "lovely condition" we are told, despite apparently having been sat on and squashed. It really must have been super-lovely before.

His reference to Miranda as rare and vintage is borrowing glory from the earlier period of Miranda, when they did make quality kit. I'm pretty sure that this case is from the later period when it was just a name badge used by Dixons (UK high street dealer) on a variety of cheaper stuff.

06-10-2020, 06:40 AM - 1 Like   #1466
Pentaxian

I'm looking for lens cases, and it is exasperating that many sellers give external dimensions but not internal (what use is that?) or no dimensions at all. In this case (pun unintended), apart from approximate external dimensions, he tells us it possibly fits a Miranda 135mm.

His reference to Miranda as rare and vintage is borrowing glory from the earlier period of Miranda, when they did make quality kit. I'm pretty sure that this case is from the later period when it was just a name badge used by Dixons (UK high street dealer) on a variety of cheaper stuff.
It certainly has that look about it. But why do so many potential vendors persist in providing vast amounts of irrelevant information and blurry, badly-lit images, yet refraining from supplying the details that would assist potential purchasers ?

Reminds me of one of the small ads in the Monty Python Papperback Bok : 'For sale - small brown and green thing. Could be a Vermeer.'

Or has lockdown atrophied already limited intelligence ?
06-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #1467
Pentaxian

SMC Pentax-FA 28-105 mm 1:4 - 5.6 Lens for Pentax K | eBay

Somewhat optimistic, I feel
06-10-2020, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #1468
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps a tad on the high side. But the shipping is only £ 70.
06-10-2020, 01:48 PM   #1469
Pentaxian

For that price, it should come wrapped up in a luxury car.

---------- Post added 2020-06-10 at 22:53 ----------

This job lot includes a Pentax camera of unknown provenance.

Bargain box | Kraaifontein | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 666350719
06-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #1470
Veteran Member

Wowsa....how about a ‘wonderful piece of history’

Vintage Minolta SR-T 101 Camera | eBay

Yep a history of mould and fungus and comes with a free camera. Eeeeh wants more for that than l will be selling a mint serviced one with the very lovely 1.4 lens as soon as the test film comes back.