Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2018, 04:50 AM   #31
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
That is not how I see this forum. The only time I see hostility is when a new poster appears to be posting just to upset people. ie how your post came across
I have seen much older posters similarly flamed.

And why would Tony’s video upset people? It’s an opinion on the current camera market that should be discussed by us.

Not simple attacks against me. Watch the video, consider the points, consider the shrinking market, and say “ I think Tony is wrong because x, y, z”.

Or, “ yeah I think the trend is worrying “

Or, “yeah I think Pentax really needs to do something “

Don’t attack me. Don’t get defensive. Watch the video and offer your thoughts.

08-23-2018, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bert J Quote
I have also been polite my friend. But I have also offered my opinion
Will the forum members prop up the Pentax brand alone?

Is this forum a place of worship, or a place for discussion?
You started out in your initial post by being rude and only offered your own opinion after I asked you to.

i have come to the conclusion you do not want a serious debate after posts like yours above.

I have used Pentax kit for 40 years. I have an extensive collection of cameras and lenses which I still use today. I enjoy doing so. If this makes me a Pentax "worshiper" then I plead guilty. But my equipment is for one purpose only, to produce good photographs. if ever Pentax can not provide me a camera and lens capable of taking excellent pictures i will buy another brand in a flash. Despite the difficult market conditions for DSLR camera manufacturers Pentax still provides me with what I need.
08-23-2018, 04:51 AM - 2 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So here's camera sales for the last year and a half. Mirrorless sales is substantially lower than DSLR sales. Furthermore, it's not like mirrorless is growing at a rate much higher than SLR.
How is the DSLR dying?
Attached Images

Last edited by MarkJerling; 08-23-2018 at 05:02 AM.
08-23-2018, 04:52 AM   #34
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
Perhaps your desire for debate would be answered if you explained why you think they can't?
Did I say that? I asked a question and invited discussion

08-23-2018, 04:54 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Watch the video and offer your thoughts
I already did.
08-23-2018, 05:02 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Navmaxlp Quote
Does it need to be to be profitable? No
Please explain why any company would be satisfied, if any division is not profitable, or for that matter perhaps even stagnating?

Is it not normal for companies to try to grow as much as possible on all fronts, to satisfy their investors?
08-23-2018, 05:05 AM   #37
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
You started out in your initial post by being rude and only offered your own opinion after I asked you to.

i have come to the conclusion you do not want a serious debate after posts like yours above.

I have used Pentax kit for 40 years. I have an extensive collection of cameras and lenses which I still use today. I enjoy doing so. If this makes me a Pentax "worshiper" then I plead guilty. But my equipment is for one purpose only, to produce good photographs. if ever Pentax can not provide me a camera and lens capable of taking excellent pictures i will buy another brand in a flash. Despite the difficult market conditions for DSLR camera manufacturers Pentax still provides me with what I need.
I posted a video and invited discussion (as opposed to attacks and over-defensive posts). I’m not sure why that was rude. My comments about regular posters have been totally proven by the replies. Not many have actually given their considered response. You just claim it is my opinion (which i have already said it isn’t) and told me I am not welcome.

I have also used Pentax exclusively for over 20 years. I’m worried.

So let’s have a serious debate. I gave my thoughts on the video, what are yours ?

08-23-2018, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #38

Photos: Albums
I have seen much older posters similarly flamed.

And why would Tony’s video upset people? It’s an opinion on the current camera market that should be discussed by us.

Not simple attacks against me. Watch the video, consider the points, consider the shrinking market, and say “ I think Tony is wrong because x, y, z”.

Or, “ yeah I think the trend is worrying “

Or, “yeah I think Pentax really needs to do something “

Don’t attack me. Don’t get defensive. Watch the video and offer your thoughts.
Funny, I don't see where disagreeing with you is an option. Have you considered the fact people have looked at what you've posted and simply disagree this is an issue? You keep saying people are attacking you but what I think you are upset about is that people are disagreeing with you. I've looked at what's been presented and disagree it's a problem. I simply don't feel like mirrorless cameras and Pentax's decision to stay out of that market is going to be the demise of the brand. That's my opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Time will tell who is correct.
08-23-2018, 05:20 AM   #39
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Navmaxlp Quote
Funny, I don't see where disagreeing with you is an option. Have you considered the fact people have looked at what you've posted and simply disagree this is an issue? You keep saying people are attacking you but what I think you are upset about is that people are disagreeing with you. I've looked at what's been presented and disagree it's a problem. I simply don't feel like mirrorless cameras and Pentax's decision to stay out of that market is going to be the demise of the brand. That's my opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Time will tell who is correct.
Ah I see.

So just say “I don’t think it’s an issue” and move on.

I don’t want people to agree with me, that’s why I didn’t offer my own opinion initially. If you think there are points in the video that you agree with, and points you don’t. Then say it...that’s a discussion.

If you agree with Tony then say it.

Just a chat about the camera market and Pentax future place. That’s what I asked for in my original post.

Thanks for your opinion (finally).

---------- Post added 08-23-18 at 05:28 AM ----------

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

I do not endorse or agree entirely with Tony’s video. I posted it to invite discussion on the points he raised, and whether or not you think Pentax should be in that space.

I apologise if regular posters took offence, but your defensive replies to my post have only proved why I said those things.

Please just take an objective view, form an opinion, and state it.

I am a long-time user of Pentax and I am worried. I want to chat with people who are like me.

Thank you

---------- Post added 08-23-18 at 05:28 AM ----------

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

I do not endorse or agree entirely with Tony’s video. I posted it to invite discussion on the points he raised, and whether or not you think Pentax should be in that space.

I apologise if regular posters took offence, but your defensive replies to my post have only proved why I said those things.

Please just take an objective view, form an opinion, and state it.

I am a long-time user of Pentax and I am worried. I want to chat with people who are like me.

Thank you
08-23-2018, 05:28 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't know if you noticed Bert, but Tony Northrop (or is it Sony Northrop) makes a number of comments that are all wrong.

There's no facts presented as to why mirrorless will overtake DSLR as the prefered format. I note you have not commented on the graph I have posted showing manufacturers data.
There's a whole lot of (in my view) false reasons why mirrorless is "better".
His comments about Pentax are highly inflammatory and wrong. One of the claims he makes is that Pentax lenses are "rebranded Tamron".
08-23-2018, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So let’s have a serious debate. I gave my thoughts on the video, what are yours ?
I already did, 12 posts above. If you spent less time trying to insult members here you might have seen it.
08-23-2018, 05:34 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Please explain why any company would be satisfied, if any division is not profitable, or for that matter perhaps even stagnating?
He actually said it is not necessary to be the top dog on the market to make profit, not that they shouldn't be profitable.
08-23-2018, 05:37 AM - 3 Likes   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sigh Name:  Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 8.36.45 AM.png
Views: 190
Size:  4.2 KB
08-23-2018, 05:42 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You must have one heck of an ignore list Boris!
08-23-2018, 05:46 AM - 1 Like   #45
Pentaxian

Don’t attack me. Don’t get defensive.
You're the only one attacking.
Closed Thread