Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2018, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Helpful Airline Facilitates Eclipse Image

Not mine - I didn't have the presence of mind for this.
QuoteQuote:
Looking at Jon Carmichael’s extraordinary image of last year’s solar eclipse, one might be surprised to learn that he took the photos that made up this photo mosaic through the window of a Southwest Airlines Boeing 737. Carmichael is based in New York City and specializes in contemporary landscape and astrophotography. He is also a sport pilot.

The final image of the eclipse—titled “108”—is a mosaic of photos that Carmichael took during what turned out to be a special journey on Southwest Flight 1368 from Portland, Oregon, to St. Louis, Missouri on Aug. 21, 2017.

08-27-2018, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice story! And his picture shows the bend in the Snake River where my wife and I set up camp for the eclipse.
08-27-2018, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have heard of cases where people were able to get flights rescheduled to coincide with the eclipse. I found this one by googling, but I think there was a different one I heard about at the time.

Skygazers catch flight for prime view of total solar eclipse | The Seattle Times