Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2020, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Option one will give you all of the full frame goodness that your old school PK and PKA lenses have been designed for.
Of course since I already own the Lumix TZ55, then Option 1 costs the same as Option 1 PLUS Option 3! And that is only slightly more than the cost of Option 2.

You are correct Wasp, the full-frame will lead me to rediscover the "goodness" of all my M series and Adaptall SP lenses. Thanks for reinforcing my thinking.

I have a surfeit of lenses, now to overload on camera bodies!

01-16-2020, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

Fujifilm. Amazing AF, FPS, and beautiful video. Although I do miss using those DA/FA Limiteds and the better menu system.

Wish they had a FF option but pretty sure that will never happen. Might just save up and go for a GFX body someday.
01-20-2020, 02:01 PM   #63

I like my Fuji X70 and my Sony RX 100V .

Mike
01-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love my super cheap Fuji XE1, although, I do have a Pentax adapter on it so I have not let go completely

01-26-2020, 01:59 PM   #65
Suhuy

I still own and use my Olympus OM-D EM-5 with a couple of lenses that I still love. It is not only a great ... well, tiny, camera, but also a nice system, great quality. I would love the M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm 1:4.0 IS Pro on a EM1X body, but that might cost a leg and an arm and some inner organs too...
02-07-2020, 05:21 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
Perhaps, though, Ricoh's are thinking of announcing that they will start working on a new ML. For me it would be the preferred option.
That's quite a lot of qualifications there, four in all. Maybe it's time for you to carefully consider telling us that you will soon start thinking about buying that camera!
02-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #67

I now have two Nikon FE cameras besides my Pentax K1000 SE. Age-related eyesight decline means that even with split screen focusing my Pentax is getting more difficult to use.

However, the Nikon FE allows you to unscrew the eyepiece and replace it with one with a higher diopter rating. The FE is just a delight to use. A step up from the K1000 but just as straightforward to operate.

02-17-2020, 01:15 PM   #68

i'm still using Filmcameras and a darkroom. But only for b/w, because i love this special "feel" of b/w-Film.
02-17-2020, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #69
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I just noticed this thread, which - I note - has been running since 2018

My favourite system after Pentax K-mount is... Pentax Q-mount Does that count? My Q7 gets almost as much use as my DSLRs, purely because of convenience and light weight, and the fact that the image quality is still easily good enough for many of my use cases. I mainly shoot with the 02 and 06 zooms; occasionally, the 01 prime too. Some my favourite photos I've taken have been with this kit, because I've carried it on days where a DSLR simply wasn't practical.

Aside from Pentax K & Q, I also shoot Sony A and E mount...

My A-mount involvement started with a "vanity" purchase a few years back - a brand new Hasselblad HV, the remaining few of which B&H was selling off at a ridiculous discount from the equally ridiculous original retail price. The HV is a Sony SLT-A99 with better clothes and minor firmware alterations. As such, it uses A-mount lenses (the kit I bought came with the excellent Sony Zeiss 24-70 f/2.8 ZA SSM). Since A-mount is in its final throes, a lot of great glass is available quite inexpensively at times - either when shops are selling off their old stock, or folks are switching systems and selling their lenses on eBay. There are some real bargains to be had if you're patient. As a result, some of the best lenses I own are for A-mount, and the Hasselblad HV is a lovely camera to use them with... not without its quirks, flaws, annoyances and limitations, mind you - but really nice and very capable all the same

My E-mount involvement is purely for utility. I needed a full-frame mirrorless camera with which to shoot my adapted Soviet lenses, including both short-registration rangefinder and longer-registration SLR models. I chose the Sony A7 MkII because it uses the same excellent 24MP sensor as my Hasselblad HV, has in-body image stabilisation, a good EVF (for its age and class), and it was within budget. The fact that I could add the LA-EA4 adapter and shoot my A-mount glass was a huge bonus, and sealed the deal. I don't own a single native E-mount lens... mostly, I shoot this camera with my adapted lenses, and just occasionally I'll use it with an A-mount lens. It's a very decent camera and does exactly what I need, but I've no real love for E-mount other than the adaptability.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-17-2020 at 02:02 PM.
04-19-2020, 09:16 PM - 1 Like   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

My E-mount involvement is purely for utility. I needed a full-frame mirrorless camera with which to shoot my adapted Soviet lenses, including both short-registration rangefinder and longer-registration SLR models. I chose the Sony A7 MkII because it uses the same excellent 24MP sensor as my Hasselblad HV, has in-body image stabilisation, a good EVF (for its age and class), and it was within budget. The fact that I could add the LA-EA4 adapter and shoot my A-mount glass was a huge bonus, and sealed the deal. I don't own a single native E-mount lens... mostly, I shoot this camera with my adapted lenses, and just occasionally I'll use it with an A-mount lens. It's a very decent camera and does exactly what I need, but I've no real love for E-mount other than the adaptability.
I bit the bullet two weeks ago and bought a Sony A7ii. Two reasons: to have a full frame body (significantly cheaper than a K1) to use with my old film era lenses, and also to see what another manufacturer is able to offer, in particular the famed Sony focus peaking/manual focus assistance. I also scored a used Sony 24-70mm f4 to see what Sony has developed.

I have bought three adapters - M42 (Fotodiox), PK (Fotodiox) and PK-DA (Gobe) and I have had quite a bit of fun so far.
The only M42 lenses I have are Tamron Adaptall-2 mounts, and the focus peaking helps with the two that are hardest to focus (500mm mirror lens and CT300 f5.6). Of course I now have additional temptations to resist, like old Takumars and Helios.

The PK adapter makes all my M series and Sigma EX lenses easy to use on the Sony at full frame, but my greatest pleasure has been with two - the M 200mm f3.5 and Sigma EX DG 105mm macro. The Tokina 17mm is scary to handle so far, not really suited to lockdown conditions inside the yard.

The PK-DA gives an extra reason to use the 70mm Limited, which seems to function with no vignette at all. Seventy mm on full frame seems a bit bland, although the sharpness and colours are really good. I have yet to try the other DA lenses, but a quick test using the 35mm limited shows promise.
04-19-2020, 09:36 PM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh of cours
perhaps not
sorry could not resist
04-20-2020, 01:05 AM   #72
Pentaxian

Apart from Pentax I also use a Fujifilm system (X-T20 with 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4 and 18-55 lenses currently). I like it because Fujifilm, like Pentax, build cameras and lenses for real photographers who know what they're doing and want to be able to control everything their gear does and jump from full auto to semi-auto to completely manual settings as the situation demands. Like Pentax, their lenses are largely compact but very high quality primes that are a real pleasure to use.

Other than that, I have film gear in various mounts but my favourite non-Pentax is my Minolta SR mount gear, which is all older stuff very similar to the Pentax K series. The SRT cameras are big, heavy and an absolute joy to use. The lenses are just the right size for my hands, smooth as silk to use, solid as rocks and optically fantastic.

I hear the siren's call of FF mirrorless but none of the systems available meet what I want in a camera system. All are either too big, too heavy, too expensive, too poorly built or all of those together.
05-02-2020, 12:08 AM   #73

Photos: Albums
"which is your next favorite brand after pentax?"

Ricoh
05-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #74

Definitely Fuji. Having shot Minolta and NIkon prior to that, before moving on to Pentax.

Fujis interface is awesome and the images look great. The lenses are relatively cheap and the whole system is nice and compact.
05-29-2020, 09:41 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
I bit the bullet two weeks ago and bought a Sony A7ii. Two reasons: to have a full frame body (significantly cheaper than a K1) to use with my old film era lenses, and also to see what another manufacturer is able to offer, in particular the famed Sony focus peaking/manual focus assistance.
I did the same a few weeks ago, Sony A7II and adapter, I even can adapt Pentax M42 on my k&F concept K adapter.

My whole set (12) of lenses work on FF. Maybe I will buy one Sony mount lens so that I can use AF ...

Chears

Envoyé de mon Mi 9T en utilisant Tapatalk