Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2019, 09:36 PM   #76
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have nailed it!!
I had expected a bit of loss of iso invariance. The KP is supposed to rock for high iso performance and I presumed this was from the accelerator unit. And I thought it was supposed to have an effect on iso invariance. But if the results from your tests are near enough visibly then that is all you need.
I have always noticed a certain amount of variation in results when experimenting but never one procedure noticeably worse than the other.
For me - once I had confidence in IsoIn -- my workflow now revolves around base iso in manual mode. I tend to guess exposures and set my preferences for aperture and shutter and then to chimp to see how much gap is on the right hand side of the histo. I look at that gap and think of noise rather than think about iso. It is an extremely simple workflow but is dependant on an iso invariant camera.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
amount, apertures, base, base iso, dr, exposure, hoax, iso, iso invariance, light, noise, option, photography, picture, shutter