Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
If it sells for less than £50, it's the bargain of the decade so far as Soviet lenses are concerned. At £50 - £80, it's still excellent value and below average pricing. Beyond that, you're getting into a large window of typical pricing that depends very much on the overall condition of the lens...
How usable is it? Do you get infinity focus when you use the adapter?

08-30-2018, 02:16 PM   #17
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
How usable is it? Do you get infinity focus when you use the adapter?
No. Whenever you adapt a Soviet M39 SLR lens to M42 / K-mount, it will be sitting too far forward of the sensor (remember, registration distance of the K-mount is greater than Soviet M39 SLR). As a result, you'll lose infinity focus. It will be fine for several meters distance though. Portraiture and the like is quite feasible...
08-30-2018, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No. Whenever you adapt a Soviet M39 SLR lens to M42 / K-mount, it will be sitting too far forward of the sensor (remember, registration distance of the K-mount is greater than Soviet M39 SLR). As a result, you'll lose infinity focus. It will be fine for several meters distance though. Portraiture and the like is quite feasible...
I think I will pass I haven't done any portraiture yet but I have 55s that will do should I get the chance I am still early on in my photography and am bouncing about all over the place. I don't get much time so can't see me doing portraits anytime soon. Also, I have a 55mm yashinon waiting for me to play with, I also have an isco Göttingen is color untested and I am hunting an A schacht Ulm traverner 50mm, that along with my big box of m42 mount obsession means I am in need of reining myself in
08-31-2018, 03:47 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It went for £77. It is on my wish list but it is below the 35mm limited, the 55-300 plm and a vivitar series 1 90mm f2.5 macro. Although, you never know what's round the corner

08-31-2018, 04:32 PM   #20
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
It went for £77.
Yep, that sounds about right, given the cosmetic condition...