Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2018, 03:32 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Very interesting lens front and rear cap

Very interesting lens front and rear cap...

The Universal Lens Cap by KUVRD ? KUVRD

08-30-2018, 04:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, RAART. that does look interesting.
08-30-2018, 04:38 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any real world experience with those hoods? Looks super neat but might prove cumbersome in use. Be interested to hear from anyone who has used these for a while.
08-30-2018, 04:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Syntax Quote
Any real world experience with those hoods? Looks super neat but might prove cumbersome in use. Be interested to hear from anyone who has used these for a while.
Yes, I would, too. I can see me running amok trying to get it off for that once-in-a-lifetime shot!

08-30-2018, 05:52 AM   #5

Already under discussion here:
KUVRD Universal Lens Cap - PentaxForums.com
08-30-2018, 06:03 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Syntax Quote
I remember seeing a thread about this product in these forums on this a few weeks ago, although I can't remember the name of the thread. The same pros and cons were discussed. However, someone piped in to say that they used neoprene lens caps for the same purpose. I can't remember whether that person was using LensCoat's "Hoodie Lens Cap" or OP/TECH USA's "Snoot Boot". He/she bought a cover with a large enough diameter to fit over the lens's mounted hood, so he/she didn't have to use lens caps.
08-30-2018, 06:10 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
I remember seeing a thread about this product in these forums on this a few weeks ago, although I can't remember the name of the thread. The same pros and cons were discussed. However, someone piped in to say that they used neoprene lens caps for the same purpose. I can't remember whether that person was using LensCoat's "Hoodie Lens Cap" or OP/TECH USA's "Snoot Boot". He/she bought a cover with a large enough diameter to fit over the lens's mounted hood, so he/she didn't have to use lens caps.

yeh I use on my sigma 500mm and 100-300 and works great...a lot easier to take off and out on then trying to put a lens cap on when hood is on...I think mine is optech but not positive...would have to look
08-30-2018, 06:11 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks everyone for the other thread reference, and for the reviews. Much appreciated.

08-30-2018, 06:24 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I recently bought one of these for my F*300/4.5, which has been without a lens cap since I got it several years ago. It’s a bit of a tight fit, which is OK when you get used to it, but it’s never going to fall off. All in all, I’m fairly pleased with it, especially as I bought it at the introductory discount.