Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful images and great explanation.

I’m planning to grab a GPS1 soon and try some Astrotracer shots.

Thanks for posting.

01-09-2020, 01:05 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
make due with what you have or shoot it perfect in the camera the first time, she tells me
Did your wife get that engraved on a brass plaque?

I stopped at the same lookout point during the day a few years ago, you've done well to handle all the manmade light sources and still get a good image of the Milky Way. There is a lot of human activity in the canyon that we can mentally filter out, but the camera sensor just takes whatever light gets past the shutter curtain.

Last edited by RGlasel; 01-09-2020 at 01:07 PM. Reason: I could see I had one too many "c"s
01-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots!

Just to ask if you have noticed that you can shoot in bulb mode up to 5 minutes with out cord/Wireless trigger. So one is not restricted to 30 sec with K-1 ofcourse trigger is better, but if it happens again. It has saved my ’evening out’ couple of times..