Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
12-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Update Dec 2019: Camera Cottage of Billings, MT has closed.

I've updated the Google spreadsheet: Ricoh Imaging US Authorized Dealers

01-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Update: 1/2/2020
Authorized Ricoh Dealers F-Stop Imaging in Ketchum, ID, Crown Camera in Reading, CA and Gordon's Camera Service in Reno, NV have closed.

Last edited by MrNPhoto; 01-02-2020 at 11:18 AM.
04-01-2021, 08:40 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Update 4/1/2021
Three more US Ricoh Authorized dealers have closed:
Cameta Camera, of Amityville, NY has closed as of Jan 2020.
Idaho Camera of Boise, ID has closed as of Sept 2020.
Outdoors Bay has closed (binoculars only) as of 2020.

Two more dealers no longer show Pentax/Ricoh products on their websites, dropping their scores to 0:
Woodland Hills Camera of Woodland Hills, CA and Looking Glass Photo of Berkeley, CA

My updated dealer list: Ricoh Imaging US Authorized Dealers - Google Sheets

Last edited by MrNPhoto; 04-02-2021 at 04:19 AM.
04-17-2021, 11:53 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrNPhoto Quote
Update 4/1/2021
Three more US Ricoh Authorized dealers have closed:
Cameta Camera, of Amityville, NY has closed as of Jan 2020.
Idaho Camera of Boise, ID has closed as of Sept 2020.
Outdoors Bay has closed (binoculars only) as of 2020.

Two more dealers no longer show Pentax/Ricoh products on their websites, dropping their scores to 0:
Woodland Hills Camera of Woodland Hills, CA and Looking Glass Photo of Berkeley, CA

Great work keeping this list updated. I'm shocked that Cameta closed. Thought they did a lot of online sales.

Thanks,
barondla

04-18-2021, 06:39 AM   #35
dlhawes

Ace Photo (Ashburn, VA) and Dominion Camera (Falls Church, VA) are actually one store with two physical retail locations. Some of you may remember my adventures with the 560mm; well, it was Mo (who owns the business) who solved that problem for me. They have competitive prices and are very decent to work with. They seem to focus on walk-in business, and have only recently started getting their website into the 21'st Century. I think they're getting better, and have no hesitation recommending them.
04-18-2021, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, Ace/Dominion are the same business. The Ricoh Authorized Dealers list has always had them listed separately, so that's how I entered them.

Cameta Camera's owner retired, and plans to sell the business fell through.

DD Camera Corral was recently bought by Wyoming Camera Outfitters. Several of the dealers listed maintain more than one physical store, but only one location is listed in the spreadsheet.
04-18-2021, 09:34 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, Rockbrook camera in Nebraska (2x Omaha, 1x Lincoln location) not only doesn’t list any Pentax products on their website, they also don’t respond to inquiries about Pentax gear (K-3 iii).

04-18-2021, 01:29 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Rockbrook Camera in Nebraska is not listed on the Ricoh US Authorized Dealers List from 2018 or 2019. Were they a Pentax dealer in the past? If not, then I wouldn't be surprised they don't list any Pentax gear.

Correction: Rockbrook is an authorized dealer.

What is surprising (and disheartening) are the large number of "authorized dealers" who have no listings of any Pentax/Ricoh equipment anywhere on their websites. What's the point of even having an "authorized dealer" if the public can't find your products listed?

Last edited by MrNPhoto; 04-18-2021 at 02:48 PM. Reason: fix brain fade
04-18-2021, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

Rockbrook Camera in Nebraska is not listed on the Ricoh US Authorized Dealers List from 2018 or 2019. Were they a Pentax dealer in the past? If not, then I wouldn't be surprised they don't list any Pentax gear.
They’re at line 135 in the Google Sheet and come up in the Ricoh US Authorized Dealers search right now.
04-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
They’re at line 135 in the Google Sheet and come up in the Ricoh US Authorized Dealers search right now.
D'oh! Can't even read my own spreadsheet! Yes, you're right - I must have just glanced right over it. Yes, Rockbrook is listed as an authorized dealer, and yes, you are correct they do not list any Pentax/Ricoh products, nor do they indicate anywhere that they carry Pentax products. Hence their score of 0. Not an impressive showing for an 'authorized' dealer.
04-18-2021, 02:56 PM   #41
Veteran Member

D'oh! Can't even read my own spreadsheet! Yes, you're right - I must have just glanced right over it. Yes, Rockbrook is listed as an authorized dealer, and yes, you are correct they do not list any Pentax/Ricoh products, nor do they indicate anywhere that they carry Pentax products. Hence their score of 0. Not an impressive showing for an 'authorized' dealer.
I thought there was at least a chance of them getting back to me, even if it would be to say "Sorry, that's not even something we're in the mood to special order for you." Apparently not. I do get the impression that their website is not something that's a primary sales tool for them. They seem to have a good number of classes and rely on the foot traffic those generate to get people into the store. However, they definitely didn't have any Pentax stuff when I was last there. Maybe a Theta or GR III hiding in a corner somewhere, but I didn't bother to look that closely.
04-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Updated to add separate listing for The Camera Shop of Muskegon. Apparently "The Camera Shop" is three related stores in Michigan: The Camera Shop Lansing aka Lansing Camera (The Camera Shop Lansing) , The Camera Shop Muskegon (Camera Shop of Muskegon) and The Camera Shop of Traverse City (Home | Camera Shop TC). Curiously, the Ricoh US website doesn't list the Muskegon location.
I'll be updating the spreadsheet to include all locations of the same dealer as separate entries.
02-09-2023, 09:27 PM - 2 Likes   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Update: 2/08/2023
Ricoh Imaging US still lists the same Authorized Dealers list from 2019. The Dealer Locator map search is no longer working.

Advanced Photo and Imaging of Ashland, OR has closed in 2022, I think.

Several other dealers have greatly reduced or eliminated Pentax items listed on their websites, most notably Kenmore Camera, of Kenmore WA, and Arlington Camera, of Arlington, TX. They used to have very good selections, and often had good discounts.

My local retailer, Hunt's Photo and Video, of Melrose, MA, no longer has Pentax on display, though they list some products in stock and you can still order through them. Sadly this is true for most of the remaining dealers on this list.

I now believe there are only 9 dealers left in the US where you can expect to find any new/current Pentax cameras or lenses:
Ace Photo/Dominion Camera
Adorama
Arlington Camera
B&H
Berger Bros
Dodd Camera
Focus Camera
Hunt's Photo and Video
Samy's Camera

I think Optics Planet is online-only.

If anyone can confirm the presence of new, current Pentax cameras/lenses in a dealer not listed, please let me know and I'll add them to the list. I know that other authorized dealers can 'order' Pentax products, but there's 50+ authorized dealers that have absolutely no mention of Pentax on their websites, so chances they have Pentax products in a physical store are slim to none. Many may not even be currently authorized dealers any more.

Last edited by MrNPhoto; 02-10-2023 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Added Dodd Camera