Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-21-2018, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Really informative video on lens design

This video goes into some detail about contemporary lens design that I found absolutely fascinating. While the video is indeed presenting a new Sony lens, it goes into the technological development that had to occur to permit this type of lens to be possible. It's that detail that I thought that people here would like to see. I, for one, did not know what exactly aspherical lenses did, nor how different types of lens forming affected the sharpness of the resulting image and smoothness of the bokeh. Really interesting.

09-21-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for this. It is very interesting.
09-21-2018, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #3

Indeed. I'm spending a lot of time delving into the optical characteristics of the new DFA* 50mm and looking at how it performs in certain uses.

Here's one example of circular bokeh at F2. Very smooth.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo