Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2018, 07:04 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Well OK then, let's get right on that.

We need to make ours for 2000 years. We want to be leaders in the number of years race.
Yes! It can be the Pentax K-2000 millennium camera!

(And it better be mirrorless and have an EVF!)

11-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Last year, when we went to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, they had an environmentally-oriented display by photographer James Balog showing changes over time. That is the credible way to address changes. This is nutty.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
11-01-2018, 07:28 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I want to see what the image looks like before I decide if it's worth it.
Reminds me of that joke.

A geology professor is giving a lecture on the history of time. At one point he says "The universe will collapse in about 3 billion years."
An alarmed student jumps to his feet yelling "What? What"
The professor repeats "The universe will collapse in about 3 billion years."
The student says " Thank goodness, I thought you said 3 million."

If it's more than the expected end of your life. this is extraneous material. On a separate news flash, I think the amount of navel lint I produce decreases as I get older.
12-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #19
szs

Reminds me of this: As Slow as Possible - Wikipedia

The equivalent in music.

ps: Ist das Kunst oder kann das weg?

12-04-2018, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let's imagine that the photo is a mountain landscape. Regardless of whether the mountain is still rising (from the forces of plate tetonics) or shrinking from erosion The final print will have only the parts of the mountains that have existed for the entire time . All the rest will be an image that gets gradually fainter towards the parts that existed for the least time.

I doubt you would even be able to tell whether the mountain was rising or sinking over time
12-05-2018, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
XKCD for forecasts

Then there's the issue of the forecast weather conditions for long-duration exposures:
12-05-2018, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Then there's the issue of the forecast weather conditions for long-duration exposures:
Second from bottom, second from right : so that is what the interior of a red giant looks like? I'd have thought it would be red

12-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Maybe we are just on the wrong line, what if scientists are wrong and today we are on the 5 billion year forecast and second from the left, after all what's a few billion years between friends

Also I have to disagree with the bottom right image, if i understand things correctly, shouldn't this be about 1 trillion degrees (I don't really care which temperature scale) immediately before the Big Bang, and the universes next try in the big cycle of life
12-06-2018, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #24
szs

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Second from bottom, second from right : so that is what the interior of a red giant looks like? I'd have thought it would be red
The centre of any star (except maybe a brown dwarf) is so hot that most radiation is way more energetic than visible light. And quite bright....
12-06-2018, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
1000 years from now... "Damn, way over exposed. Those nuclear blasts in 2085 must have done it."
maybe they should bracket their exposure? 1000 years, 500 years, 2000 years.