Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2018, 08:24 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Next year (2019) Pentax will be 1 Century old!

Listening to a youtube podcast I suddenly realized Pentax will be 100 years old next year! Quite an accomplishment. Funny thing is I still use some outstanding lenses of their's that are half the age of the company, from the early 1960s. I wonder what the next 100 years will bring!! Keep going strong!

11-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There is a 100 year thread of truth to that.
11-28-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Pentax releases a deluge of new gear to celebrate !
11-28-2018, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #4
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Pentax releases a deluge of new gear to celebrate !
That's what Asahi Man has been hinting at with these sorts of Delphic statements.
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
No more screwdrive in new Pro* lenses and new lenses mostly with the new electronically aperture.Converters looks like fully compatible.But we have to wait for more specifics.But, it looks really good.Lots of new developments
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Both new converters are fullframe and with all AF systems compatible.But still no exactly shipping date.Still in late prototype condition.Maybe because of the new tele lenses.
That is:
- two new teleconverters, both FF and compatible with all AF systems. (Endless speculation about what these could be.)
- New telephoto lenses
- Star lenses with electronic aperture

There are also hints elsewhere of new bodies. The K-3ii replacement is due. Some talk about medium format as well.

I hope Ricoh uses the centenary to raise the profile of the brand. It deserves to be better known.

11-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
The K-3ii replacement is due.
Holy moly do I ever want to replace my K-S2 with a flagship series! Can't wait! Please be true!
11-28-2018, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #6
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Holy moly do I ever want to replace my K-S2 with a flagship series!
I've weakened and ordered a KP, to go with my K-3 and K-S2. The current offers are unbeatable. What I'm expecting from the KP is that it will match or possibly exceed the K-3 in AF and metering, but overcome the biggest limitation of the K-3, its low-light, high-ISO performance.

I figured that even if, as expected, there's a K-3ii replacement next year, I'd probably wait for the price to come down anyway - which might mean waiting until 2020.

I still really like the K-S2 as my grab-and-go camera. And I like the K-3 for wildlife - the burst rate is an advantage over the KP and it balances well with tele lenses. There's a place for each!

A whole lot of new gear next year will require some prioritizing. ;-)
12-08-2018, 02:44 PM - 3 Likes   #7
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh please we don't need another thread of what we want Pentax to do for us. What about thinking about what Pentax Forums and its members can do for Pentax to mark 100 years.
12-08-2018, 03:03 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Oh please we don't need another thread of what we want Pentax to do for us. What about thinking about what Pentax Forums and its members can do for Pentax to mark 100 years.
Buy new gear and the K3-3

12-08-2018, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #9
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Duhhhh - got me
12-08-2018, 03:51 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
What a good idea. Taking and showing pictures rather than talking about gear maybe?