Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2019, 02:35 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So unless it is something that might end up printed in a frame.....it is not worth for me to take an image at all.
That's the reason a lot of people chose to use a dedicated camera

01-14-2019, 03:41 AM   #47
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter

More or less all of the above, but...

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Photography is my creative outlet, since I can't paint or even draw a straight line.
This is the reason I give most frequently when being asked this question.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
"getting in the zone" to take pictures.
Oh yes, being "in the zone" is just wonderful. Love it when it happens - which isn't as often as it should.
01-19-2019, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My main motivation originally was to document the world around me, whether family, friends, sports, etc. Capture that moment and preserve it. It's still a strong motivator and probably the main one. Whether it's a sporting event, landscapes, weddings, parties, etc, I kind of want to preserve that memory. While many may not think this important, consider that after any kind of disaster, the one thing people search for is photographs. Unfortunately today, people don't print their shots and the billions of photos taken every day can easily get lost in the blink of an eye. I have backups of backups but still print a lot of shots.
01-19-2019, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I guess at some point I have to try and come to terms with all this and try and make my poll questions. The idea of doing so is making my head hurt.

If I were still in the class room I'd have students identify themes and put them into discussion groups to come up with the most concise poll question for each theme. Sometimes students are a source of irritation. Sometimes they are an unpaid workforce.

01-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Sometimes students are a source of irritation
Aw shucks ;D
01-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
1. Photography entices me go to places I would not normally frequent.
2. It is a connection to my beloved Grandfather (RIP) who taught me the elements of Photography when I was 8 years old
3. A hobby that lasts a lifetime.
01-19-2019, 02:33 PM   #52

Ditto Alex645 and Dartmoor Dave.

JB