Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Many of the ones mentioned are right on the money. In addition:
To experiment with my creativity and the capacity of my equipment.
To provide a service to an organization.

01-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
- To create my vision of a scenery that I somehow react to and that is IMO worth to show an audience and remember myself.
- To give my creativity a home.
- To generate some income.
I'm guessing 9. To generate some income" would be the keeper here, Maybe the other two can be incorporated into previous suggestions.

"10. To provide a service to an organization.", another one that never would have occurred to me.

This is turning into the Egg plant that ate Chicago.

---------- Post added 01-13-19 at 12:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
To act as eyes for those who can't be with me. I started taking wildlife shots to share with my ill spouse, so she could see the neat things that i saw.
11. To act as eyes for those who can't be with me. I started taking wildlife shots to share with my ill spouse, so she could see the neat things that i saw.
01-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm guessing 9. To generate some income" would be the keeper here, Maybe the other two can be incorporated into previous suggestions.

"10. To provide a service to an organization.", another one that never would have occurred to me.
Of course, do as you like, you are the boss.
01-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #19
Veteran Member

This is turning into the Egg plant that ate Chicago.

---------- Post added 01-13-19 at 12:42 PM ----------

11. To act as eyes for those who can't be with me. I started taking wildlife shots to share with my ill spouse, so she could see the neat things that i saw.

I've taken event photos for a variety of 501(c)3 organizations over the years. Most have been organizations to which my children belong. It's gets me greater access to the event and gets them lots of photos to use for the participants and for promotions in the future - a win-win.

01-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
Of course, do as you like, you are the boss.
Unfortuntately, I may be the boss of this little thread, but where I'm sitting right now in my living room, I'm definitely not the boss.
01-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortuntately, I may be the boss of this little thread, but where I'm sitting right now in my living room, I'm definitely not the boss.
01-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
None of 1,2,3. I take photographs of travel, vacation, hiking, because I like to remember and feel again the experience I had during travel and vacation in various places, and I came to use larger sensor initially because the of the low light capability, and later I enjoyed how much bokeh / subject pop it can do and potential for printing posters. For me RAW is only a way to correct exposure, wb and style in case I messed up with camera settings during the shot. it Not sure how that answer your post.
I agree with biz-engineer. I take photos because the act of shooting takes me to seeing and being in places that stirs my mind, heart, and soul.

01-13-2019, 11:14 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
I take photos because the act of shooting takes me to seeing and being in places that stirs my mind, heart, and soul.
That's good. I might use that, I generally try and steer clear of philosophical/religious constructs, but I assume everyone would get that phraseology.
01-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Poll option:. I don't have any damned idea.
01-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Because I like the challenge of combining composition, photographic technique and post-processing into something that I (and, on rare occasions, other people) like. This can be shortened into just... because.
01-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #26
Site Supporter

Because they never made a Pokemon Snap 2 game?

I enjoy balancing all the variables of an image to get desired results, or to capture some aspect of what is happening or existing in the 3d world. It really is a lot like a game.
01-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Enjoy the experience of observing my surroundings and "getting in the zone" to take pictures.
Creating a connection to what I saw, sharing my experience with others.

Nobody is talking about "getting likes", but of course I'm not going to say that!
01-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

#. Photography is my creative outlet, since I can't paint or even draw a straight line.
#. Photography allows me to manipulate the reality beyond the range of the human eye (filters, fisheye, long exposure, high-speed shutter, etc)
01-13-2019, 12:14 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I enjoy photography because it gets me out of the house and into nature. and I like showing friends and rellies where I've been and what I have been doing. Otherwise I would simply vegetate as I age.
01-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Photography is my creative outlet, since I can't paint or even draw a straight line.
We don't want to alienate those who have those abilities.

#. Photography allows me to manipulate the reality beyond the range of the human eye (filters, fisheye, long exposure, high-speed shutter, etc)

I will work that in, but probably a composite with the other creative lens.

QuoteQuote:
I enjoy photography because it gets me out of the house and into nature. and I like showing friends and rellies where I've been and what I have been doing. Otherwise I would simply vegetate as I age.
Not that there's anything wrong with vegetating.

---------- Post added 01-13-19 at 02:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Poll option:. I don't have any damned idea.
For those of us who started really young, it's like asking "why do you breathe."

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
Because I like the challenge of combining composition, photographic technique and post-processing into something that I (and, on rare occasions, other people) like. This can be shortened into just... because.
Boy oh boy....

QuoteOriginally posted by ccbl Quote
Because they never made a Pokemon Snap 2 game?

I enjoy balancing all the variables of an image to get desired results, or to capture some aspect of what is happening or existing in the 3d world. It really is a lot like a game.
Combined with the last one, maybe this concept is a "thing". Maybe "I like the combination of technical and artistic challenges."

QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Enjoy the experience of observing my surroundings and "getting in the zone" to take pictures.
Creating a connection to what I saw, sharing my experience with others.

Nobody is talking about "getting likes", but of course I'm not going to say that!
We don't need any blasphemous options. We aren't facebook philistines.

Last edited by normhead; 01-13-2019 at 12:34 PM.