Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having seen my baby girls (both born in the film era) grow into fine young women (one now married), this tugs at my paternal heart-strings quite strongly.

Despite the rocky start I wish you well for the rest of the journey.

02-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Congrats and all the best to you & family
02-09-2019, 04:51 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks everyone.

32 weeks and 1.6kg is not that early or small compared to others. We heard from the staff that in principle a baby can survive from week 26, at which point they're under 700g in weight. I should have mentioned in my post that the staff in the hospital were nothing short of incredible in their care of Mara and the other infants there.

Something that particularly struck a note with me was that one of the cleaning ladies made a lovely little woollen hat for Mara. She said she saw her there sleeping and decided to make it. She'd never done it for any other baby in all the years that she had been working there. The hat is really beautiful and it was a shame a few weeks ago when she outgrew it, but I will never get rid of it or even offer it to friends who have babies - it's a unique and wonderful reminder of those first emotional weeks of Mara's life.

When my wife's water broke (at 2am, asleep in bed - Mara most likely kicked her way out), the little Fujifilm was one of the first things to go into the hospital bag to take with us and it accompanied me every single day when I went in to see Mara. I'm very glad it did as those early photos will always remind me of how precious our little girl is.
02-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations, Jonathan! My two year old granddaughter is fascinated by pictures of people she knows (and herself, of course!)

Mara will love what you do in the future.

02-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Congratulations, Jonathan! I know those were tough times with little Mara in the hospital but she will bring you and your wife more joy than you've ever experienced as she grows up. Wonderful photos!
02-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #21
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
32 weeks and 1.6kg is not that early or small compared to others.
Yes. A friend of our had triplets - girls 1.6 and 1.5kg and a boy 1.2 kg - at 34 weeks. It was amazing to watch them grow from something so tiny. That was a long time ago. They are at university now.

Your little Mara is beautiful. I really like the pic with the focus on her hand.
02-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #22
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Having seen my baby girls (both born in the film era) grow into fine young women (one now married), this tugs at my paternal heart-strings quite strongly.
Sounds exactly like my story.

My best wishes to @Jonathan Mac - I hope you two have many "fun days" to come, some of them involving your use of cameras. I know I did ..... now I miss those days.
02-10-2019, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #23
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations, Jonathan! Thanks for sharing your story and wonderful images. Cherish every moment