Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 147 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2021, 09:06 PM - 1 Like   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
I have a whole bunch of lenses that are collecting dust for lack of use. Why did I buy them, probably because I read some review, or because some "expert" claimed: "This is the greatest thing since Swiss-cheese !" This activated my LBA and I knew I just had to have this lens. Am I remorseful ? HECK NO ! despite the lack of use, if I were to lose the lens, or it got stolen, I would probably purchase it all over again. Unlike others that sell or trade their equipment at the drop of a dime, I usually purchase For-Keeps. Honestly though, you only need about 3-4 lenses (a wide angle, a normal lens, a small telephoto and maybe a telephoto lens). There is no lens on the market right now that that is going to instantly improve your photography...
+1

At some point in time we should have a thread where we post a photo of all our Pentax equipment. Then post a second photo of what we have used in the last year.

02-09-2021, 03:33 PM   #122
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VSTAR Quote
+1

At some point in time we should have a thread where we post a photo of all our Pentax equipment. Then post a second photo of what we have used in the last year.
Point of order - with what do we take this proposed photograph ? As Pentaxifans, surely we do not permit inferior equipment to sully our homes ?

Of course, GAS and LBA has one vital social role to play - it prevents delicate equipment falling into the unworthy hands of those who may not cosset and cherish it the way we, as photographers, do - they may even abuse it (Horror of horrors !), then try to sell it on eBay as 'slightly used'.
02-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #123
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VSTAR Quote
. . . .At some point in time we should have a thread where we post a photo of all our Pentax equipment. . . . .
isn't that why the marketplace exists ?

[ just kidding, who would try to sell their beloved Pentax gear ]
02-09-2021, 04:34 PM - 1 Like   #124
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Point of order - with what do we take this proposed photograph ? As Pentaxifans, surely we do not permit inferior equipment to sully our homes ?
As disciples of mirrored cameras (only vampires use mirrorless devices! ), surely the solution to use a mirror!

Thus, a Pentaxifan would to place a mirror in front of the collection so that one of their esteemed Pentax cameras can take a selfie with the collection.

02-09-2021, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote

[just kidding, who would try to sell their beloved Pentax gear ]
We dont sell our gear to each other, we just trade our gear amongst each other, just with high shipping costs 😂