Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2019, 04:06 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
[Humor] Amateur photographer announces plans to waste even more money

The beaverton is a Canadian version of the Onion. This is cutting!

Amateur photographer announces plans to waste even more money - The Beaverton

03-09-2019, 04:19 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Please repost alongside the Latest Acquisition thread!!
03-09-2019, 04:19 PM - 5 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
The beaverton is a Canadian version of the Onion. This is cutting!

Amateur photographer announces plans to waste even more money - The Beaverton
"At press time, Todd was spotted at a sporting goods store getting duped by a clerk into buying a $5000 racing bike."

Nonsense! You're average dentist spends far more than that on a bicycle!
03-09-2019, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

funny

The dentist will probably want to do wedding photography on the weekends

03-09-2019, 09:25 PM - 1 Like   #5
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
A fool and his money are..................
03-10-2019, 02:47 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A germ of truth perhaps mixed with humor?

My Dad bought an SLR after seeing my photos and has bought several similar lenses to me, including the DA 15 limited, but unfortunately, despite his investment, he takes better photos with his cell phone -- mainly because everything is in focus there.
03-10-2019, 03:26 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
A germ of truth perhaps mixed with humor?

My Dad bought an SLR after seeing my photos and has bought several similar lenses to me, including the DA 15 limited, but unfortunately, despite his investment, he takes better photos with his cell phone -- mainly because everything is in focus there.
And after my family found out I was a professional photographer, half my sisters went out and bought SLRs. Not one of them knew what they had or what they were doing. Oh and I have 8 sisters.

I'm not surprised at this, I know a lot of people who buy cameras who think.... Oh, now, I'm a photographer too. NOT!!!

03-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #8
dbs
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
And after my family found out I was a professional photographer, half my sisters went out and bought SLRs. Not one of them knew what they had or what they were doing. Oh and I have 8 sisters.

I'm not surprised at this, I know a lot of people who buy cameras who think.... Oh, now, I'm a photographer too. NOT!!!
But did they buy Pentax ?

Dave
03-10-2019, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
But did they buy Pentax ?

Dave
No, of course not. Canon's all of them. Why do you think I said they didn't know what they were had or what they were doing?
03-11-2019, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #10
dbs
Pentaxian

No, of course not. Canon's all of them. Why do you think I said they didn't know what they were had or what they were doing?
Hi Photolady

So I guess you got the 'smarts' in your family.

Dave
03-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Hi Photolady

So I guess you got the 'smarts' in your family.

Dave
You might say that! I was the only one to buy Pentax and learn how to use an all manual camera before digital cameras were available, plus I'm the only family member to have a college degree.
03-11-2019, 07:28 PM   #12
dbs
Pentaxian

Hi Photolady

And your sisters didn't want to follow your lead...................ah well

Dave
03-11-2019, 08:00 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Hi Photolady

And your sisters didn't want to follow your lead...................ah well

Dave
Unfortunately, no they didn't. And since they were older than me, they had no desire to learn either. Their cameras, one at least put hers in a drawer and that's where it resided for the duration until I moved back home 30 years later. The other one, her son borrowed then sold it for nefarious reasons, I won't go into here. I don't think any of them were really interested enough to learn photography they just bought the cameras because I had one and they thought "oh, she has one, it can't be that hard to learn" That's how they thought about things. Family is just weird sometimes. LOL
03-12-2019, 02:36 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unfortunately, no they didn't. And since they were older than me, they had no desire to learn either. Their cameras, one at least put hers in a drawer and that's where it resided for the duration until I moved back home 30 years later. The other one, her son borrowed then sold it for nefarious reasons, I won't go into here. I don't think any of them were really interested enough to learn photography they just bought the cameras because I had one and they thought "oh, she has one, it can't be that hard to learn" That's how they thought about things. Family is just weird sometimes. LOL
I'm always amazed by the number of people who invest in an SLR and then just shoot straight of camera jpegs in green mode. I guess there's no wrong way to use a camera, but some ways will give better results than others.
03-12-2019, 03:55 AM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm always amazed by the number of people who invest in an SLR and then just shoot straight of camera jpegs in green mode. I guess there's no wrong way to use a camera, but some ways will give better results than others.
I never had a SLR that had that feature, my first SLR and the one I had when sisters bought theirs was a K1000. Oh, and by the way, my digital cameras don't use that mode either, manual or TAV, but mostly manual mode. I shoot RAW.

And I certainly agree with you, I never did understand why someone would buy a DSLR and shoot auto anything and jpgs. What's up with that? If they're going to do that, why not just buy a point and hope, er, shoot.