Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-27-2019, 07:03 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentax360 Quote
I make various squeaking sounds to try and get a reaction, I've only had luck with cats and squirrels.
I have two resident squirrels in my pine tree in the front yard. One morning I see one of the squirrels across the street at the base of a tree and the neighbor's cat was very close crouching and ready to pounce. It was too far to run across and break it up but then I remembered the warning noise the squirrels make when a cat is present. I started making the same noise and the squirrel took notice and immediately ran up the tree to safety. It was hilarious as the cat lost out and the squirrel climbed to a safe distance and started his own warning noise.

---------- Post added 03-27-19 at 09:09 PM ----------

I can call White wing and Mourning doves and they answer back. So what does Mockingbird song do? That has to confuse a multitude of birds including parakeets and cockatiels, lol.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cat, noise, photography, squirrel, squirrels, tree