Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Use or don't use a watermark?
Yes, watermark some or all of your photos 2838.89%
No, don't watermark your photos 3954.17%
Other 56.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 39 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2019, 05:33 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I selected other, as I either embed copyright info etc into the image or the exif file.
So you could also answer “No” to “Do you watermark your pics?”

04-06-2019, 05:45 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
People who steal images on-line are not the same people who buy images. I used to have my name and website on every posted image. I had some low res images picked up on a reposting 'site that was kind of pyramid scheme, and 12 of my images received between 650,000 and 750,000 hits over 6 million all told, yet not a single nibble in terms of inquiries. I've pretty much decided it's not worth the effort.

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
he places with the strongest "gun control" laws in the U.S. are generally also the places with the highest rate of criminal homicides. If one person is determined to violate the law, then the law is no protection. And the function of law enforcement is not to protect anyone or anything ( the U.S. Sup. Ct. has repeatedly stated this in its opinions), but to identify crimes and apprehend the persons responsible AFTER a crime has been committed.
Political discussion is not allowed on this site. So, I'm not saying a thing, but you might want to alter your post to be about photography.
04-06-2019, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #33
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
So you could also answer “No” to “Do you watermark your pics?”
No I do, but it’s embedded and therefore kinda hidden.
04-24-2019, 08:32 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you guys for all your responses, it's definitely given me something to think about.

04-25-2019, 02:52 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't, but I don't sell images either.

I also don't upload full size images, for the most part -- mainly because my internet is way too slow to be bogged down with really big files. I will say that it can be annoying if you watermark your downsized images and then export a bunch of images for your own use and don't pay attention and a month later realize that all of those were watermarked too.