Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2019, 10:04 AM - 3 Likes   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
You can make a small fortune doing that; having started with a large fortune.
Like the old Saskatchewan farmer who won the lottery. Asked what he would do with it he said "Oh, I'll just keep farming until it's all gone."

04-14-2019, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #47
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Like the old Saskatchewan farmer who won the lottery. Asked what he would do with it he said "Oh, I'll just keep farming until it's all gone."
Now that is funnnnnny!

Steve
04-14-2019, 03:04 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
they offered every Pentax user to buy back all their Pentax gear for a reasonable price in exchange of a complete new Sony system.
PT Barnum had something to say about people like that.
04-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
But I'm sure that's one of the main reason why a lot of 3rd party lens makers (like Tamron & Sigma) stopped offering K-mount lenses, not enough people buying what they're offering cuz "I dont need a new af lens, I got my af lens from 20 years ago thats good enough"

Last edited by photolady95; 04-15-2019 at 04:13 AM. Reason: a lot is two words not one
04-14-2019, 11:14 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
But I'm sure that's one of the main reason why alot of 3rd party lens makers (like Tamron & Sigma) stopped offering K-mount lenses, not enough people buying what they're offering cuz "I dont need a new af lens, I got my af lens from 20 years ago thats good enough"
Usually after three posts you get a fool who'll seriously ask "why can't Pentax make a $50 (new retail price) lens with all the bell's and whistles of (cherry pick) brand XYZ product".

And four more posts later his brother in brain will chime in and ask why Pentax doesn't invest millions into marketing in his rural tiny town area where the last new Pentax gear sold at new price sometime before mankind reached the moon.
04-14-2019, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think I’ve posted this here before, in part answer to those who say that Pentax isn’t promoted in stores. This was shot in Würzburg, Germany in late 2017. As you can see, they had KP, K-3ii and K-1 in the window. Just because you don’t see them locally (and I do) doesn’t mean they aren’t somewhere else.
04-15-2019, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
This was shot in Würzburg, Germany in late 2017
I used to shop at the same store when I lived in Wuerzburg, I love that city. In any case, one store in Germany hardly refutes the idea that Penttax does not have as much of a retail presence as its competitors. In my corner of the US, there are no retailers within a two hour drive that stock new Pentax gear, though a few are a great source of used Pentax gear.

04-15-2019, 02:58 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I used to shop at the same store when I lived in Wuerzburg, I love that city. In any case, one store in Germany hardly refutes the idea that Penttax does not have as much of a retail presence as its competitors. In my corner of the US, there are no retailers within a two hour drive that stock new Pentax gear, though a few are a great source of used Pentax gear.
I agree about Würzburg. However, I wasn’t attempting to refute anything, other than the oft-repeated exaggeration that Pentax has no presence in high-street stores. In my case, the last remaining photo store in my little city in the part of Australia closest to the South Pole has Pentax in its window whenever there’s a new body on the market. In your case, from what I’ve read here over the years, Pentax’s various representatives in the US and Canada have created a situation worse than many other parts of the world.
04-15-2019, 03:07 AM - 1 Like   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
In your case, from what I’ve read here over the years, Pentax’s various representatives in the US and Canada have created a situation worse than many other parts of the world.
It seems to me that Pentax has a larger presence outside the United States, at least. When I lived in Germany and travelled through Europe, I noticed more advertisements and retail space for Pentax. From the comments on PF and elsewhere, it seems like Pentax has a larger presence in Australia and the countries closer to Japan.
04-15-2019, 03:33 AM   #55
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

Pay no Sales Tax.
B&H is charging sales tax for the area where the buyer lives now.
04-15-2019, 04:16 AM - 1 Like   #56
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
B&H is charging sales tax for the area where the buyer lives now.
Not to everyone. I bought a SDXC 64GB Sandisc card from them recently and I didn't incur any sales tax, just shipping.
04-15-2019, 05:00 AM   #57
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Not to everyone. I bought a SDXC 64GB Sandisc card from them recently and I didn't incur any sales tax, just shipping.
Then your state department of revenue is not requiring online merchants to collect and disburse taxes there.

At present, 42 states and the District of Columbia are requiring online retailers to collect sales taxes for purchases in their jurisdictions.
04-15-2019, 05:10 AM   #58
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Then your state department of revenue is not requiring online merchants to collect and disburse taxes there.

At present, 42 states and the District of Columbia are requiring online retailers to collect sales taxes for purchases in their jurisdictions.
Well for some online stores they do, Amazon collects sales tax. With Amazon, I think it depends on whether the item you buy is shipping from within the state I live though.
04-15-2019, 05:15 AM   #59
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Well for some online stores they do, Amazon collects sales tax. With Amazon, I think it depends on whether the item you buy is shipping from within the state I live though.
For every purchase I have made through Amazon, there have been charges for sales tax, no matter where it ships from, for several years now.
04-15-2019, 05:21 AM   #60
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

For every purchase I have made through Amazon, there have been charges for sales tax, no matter where it ships from, for several years now.
Must be your state then.