Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2019, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #1

A printed book in English on Pentax K-1 and K3

The world is changing fast! I was surprised when I couldn't find a printed book in English on Pentax K1 and K-3 cameras, only one book in German (Benno Hessler Pentax K-3 Das Buch zur Camera), which I buy for a better lack. I have found that e-book (Pentax K-1) is available through the Pentax forum, but I would like to read a printed book, and keep it on the bookshelf. I am a collector of books and probably relic, because eBooks do not appeal to me. There are many good books on the good old Pentax cameras, but the new cameras are not printed in English.

04-20-2019, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tashbir Quote
The world is changing fast! I was surprised when I couldn't find a printed book in English on Pentax K1 and K-3 cameras, only one book in German (Benno Hessler Pentax K-3 Das Buch zur Camera), which I buy for a better lack. I have found that e-book (Pentax K-1) is available through the Pentax forum, but I would like to read a printed book, and keep it on the bookshelf. I am a collector of books and probably relic, because eBooks do not appeal to me. There are many good books on the good old Pentax cameras, but the new cameras are not printed in English.
You could always download the E-book and take it to a printer?
04-20-2019, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ditto. That's what I did - the e-book prints real nice and you can have it bound if you pick the right print shop.
04-20-2019, 11:45 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the answers! I have no choice but to do as you suggested, but I am still wondering that nobody has published a printed Pentax K-1 book. I have self-published a few books, and it's not that difficult.

04-21-2019, 02:14 AM - 1 Like   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tashbir Quote
Thanks for the answers! I have no choice but to do as you suggested, but I am still wondering that nobody has published a printed Pentax K-1 book. I have self-published a few books, and it's not that difficult.
I guess there's a lot more effort and up-front cost involved in print publishing as opposed to e-publishing. Of course, there are print-on-demand services such as Amazon, but then you're giving up a chunk of the profits to those companies. Plus, given the choice between a $20 e-book and a $40 printed book, most folks these days will choose a $20 e-book...