Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2019, 12:14 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Hm. I wonder what the opposite of 'disgruntled' might be. Can one be gruntled, or engruntled...?
I often feel gruntled ... at least when I'm not whelmed.

07-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If strobes with HSS are what you need and and available solutions that work with Pentax are not adequate and your employer is not willing to foot you the gear, then change you must.

FWIW, there is a non-Pentax area on this site with lots of experts for other systems.

Steve
07-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great thing about this Pentax site is that just because you change or add other brands you dont have to ride off into the sunset.
I still have my Pentax cameras but mostly use Oly M43 or Canon EF-M. Join in our "Daily in" and use any gear you want.
07-12-2019, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ontarian50 Quote
I often feel gruntled ... at least when I'm not whelmed.
Do you have any whack?
No? So you're out of whack.

07-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
Great thing about this Pentax site is that just because you change or add other brands you dont have to ride off into the sunset.
I still have my Pentax cameras but mostly use Oly M43 or Canon EF-M. Join in our "Daily in" and use any gear you want.
The 300 club welcomes other brands, my forest walks thread welcomes other brands. There are place to post.
07-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Can one be gruntled, or engruntled...?
I seem to remember Tom Magliozzi (RIP) of the radio show 'Car Talk' once asking this question.
07-12-2019, 10:46 PM - 1 Like   #22

Original Poster
To all: Thanks for the kind words. Once a Pentaxian always a Pentaxian!!

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Understandable. Every system has strengths and weakness. Pentax' strength is not flash, although some Pentax users still do great work with flash.

Out of curiosity, what new system did you select?
Switched to Sony. Been an adjustment to say the least.

---------- Post added 07-13-19 at 01:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If strobes with HSS are what you need and and available solutions that work with Pentax are not adequate and your employer is not willing to foot you the gear, then change you must.

FWIW, there is a non-Pentax area on this site with lots of experts for other systems.

Steve
Employer did pay for the lights though... made the camera switch a little easier to swallow.

---------- Post added 07-13-19 at 01:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Sorry to see you leave the Pentax fold, Steve, but we must use the equipment that suits our needs. It's far better to actively switch to something that works for us than to languish and become disgruntled, as a few folks tend to.

Oh, and you're just as welcome here as you were before, even with your new gear
Thanks Mike, took me a few months to fully jump, I was balancing the two systems at once for a few weeks. Had to pick a side for my own sanity for sure.

Last edited by thedollarbill; 07-12-2019 at 10:52 PM.
07-15-2019, 12:56 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Joe Dusel Quote
Bummer. My Pentax K-1 and K-3 seem to work well with TTL and HSS with my Godox strobes and Xpro-P transmitter. It would be nice to have more choices for gear and software that worked with Pentax, but for me this works. Good luck to you!
Hi Joe, I've just tried my Pentax K-1 with the xpro-p and Godox QT600IIM I just bought. I works a beaut. I'm hoping to get dogs catching dog treats with this!

---------- Post added 07-15-19 at 12:58 AM ----------

Very sorry to hear that DollarBill. I've just bought a Godox xpro-p trigger and Godox QT600II strobe to do hss. I've tested it just now and it works well.