Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
So this was kind of unexpected. From Marcel, the Unterhaching fan advisor: "Spiegelreflexkameras sind bei uns leider nicht erlaubt. Normale Digicams können ins Stadion mitgenommen werden." Which translates to something like "SLR cameras are not allowed here. Normal digicams can be taken into the stadium."

I don't want to press my luck, but what is a "normal digicam"?

07-14-2019, 09:18 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Probably a point and shoot or rangefinder.

Phil.
07-15-2019, 03:46 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Probably a point and shoot or rangefinder.

Phil.
For me it's going to mean a Google Pixel.

07-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So this was kind of unexpected. From Marcel, the Unterhaching fan advisor: "Spiegelreflexkameras sind bei uns leider nicht erlaubt. Normale Digicams können ins Stadion mitgenommen werden." Which translates to something like "SLR cameras are not allowed here. Normal digicams can be taken into the stadium."

I would take my chance with a high-end(ish) non-EVF mirrorless with folding kit zoom. Seems normal to me. Something like the late, great Samsung NX500. Maybe a Canon EOS M something. You can sneak in a 135mm with adapter as well.

07-16-2019, 12:22 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I would take my chance with a high-end(ish) non-EVF mirrorless with folding kit zoom. Seems normal to me. Something like the late, great Samsung NX500. Maybe a Canon EOS M something. You can sneak in a 135mm with adapter as well.
That would be nice if I had one. Might be a good time for a GRIII. But I don't have that, either. So I'm going with the Pixel, and whatever Samsung Galaxy my wife has.

It'll be fine. I'll watch the game with my family, maybe have a Bier, eat a Wurst, cheer on 'Haching. I'm sure it'll be fun.
07-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I checked Allianz Arena where Bayern München play and this is their camera policy:

General information on photos and films
Footage by photo and video cameras is allowed for private use only. Only SLR cameras with standard lenses are allowed (up to 200 mm); no telephoto lenses, no additional bags/camera bags, no tripods.

I guess every stadium has it's own policy regarding photography, though I would have assumed most would be like this one and allow cameras with smaller lenses.This is what I have encountered at any football match that I have attended in Europe.

Phil.
07-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I actually did expect something like this at a 70% probability.

In stadiums and other event places they tend to tolerate anything smallish with a lens not protruding more than say less than 7 cm, so basically all typical compact cameras and smartphones.

Actually even a NX500 might be pushing the limits.

If its big with a big lens it looks "professional" and security will not let it in. So most ILC stay out.

Go with a Q.

07-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I checked Allianz Arena where Bayern München play and this is their camera policy:

General information on photos and films
Footage by photo and video cameras is allowed for private use only. Only SLR cameras with standard lenses are allowed (up to 200 mm); no telephoto lenses, no additional bags/camera bags, no tripods.

I guess every stadium has it's own policy regarding photography, though I would have assumed most would be like this one and allow cameras with smaller lenses.This is what I have encountered at any football match that I have attended in Europe.

Phil.
I think it's a little weird that you can bring an SLR with a 70-200 to a Bayern match at the Allianz, but not to an 3. Liga match in Unterhaching. And that they call out ladders and trunks and really long flagpoles as things you back off a little bit from, but a K-3ii with a 40mm pancake... VERBOTEN!!!!
07-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it's a little weird that you can bring an SLR with a 70-200 to a Bayern match at the Allianz, but not to an 3. Liga match in Unterhaching. And that they call out ladders and trunks and really long flagpoles as things you back off a little bit from, but a K-3ii with a 40mm pancake... VERBOTEN!!!!
Agreed! Would be better to see all divisions in German having the same stadium rules.

Oh well, main thing is to enjoy the game and the atmosphere.

Phil..
07-20-2019, 03:38 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Agreed! Would be better to see all divisions in German having the same stadium rules.

Oh well, main thing is to enjoy the game and the atmosphere.

Phil..
Yep, that's the plan. It'll be fun and there will be plenty of photo opportunities the rest of the trip. We're not only in Munich but also Austria. Will see the Groβglockner area, Hohenwerfen Castle, the Saltzkammergut, Salzburg, also Füssen.
08-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm back from Germany and Austria, and we had a good time at the Unterhaching - Hansa Rostock match. 1-0 win for the home side. I didn't attempt to bring the K-3ii, as we were on public transportation and I wouldn't have had anywhere to stash it if it wasn't allowed. But I got a few reasonable snapshots with my Google Pixel. Not up to the quality of the DLSR but reasonable for viewing at limited sizes if you don't peek too closely.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel  Photo