Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2019, 01:07 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Illinois state fair and Route 66

I'm posting this here because it just seemed like a general thread discussion piece.

The wife and I visited the Illinois State fair in Springfield Il. over the weekend. We traveled part of Route 66 ( Rerouted to tollway in Joliet) on the trip home. I took a few snapshots with my wife's Sony DSC-H400. (I didn't pack any gear).

Here's a few from the fairgrounds

These photos are from the Route 66 trip back.

Last edited by kevinWE; 08-18-2019 at 01:17 PM.
08-18-2019, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like a fun road trip. I've not seen a candy apple in many, many years!
08-18-2019, 11:27 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice photos.

I have wanted to do the Route 66 trip for awhile now. I have been on parts of it here and there when I drove through New Mexico and Arizona.

I was in Springfield Illinois a few years back. Sadly, I didn't have a camera with me or the time to stop(I might have stopped and if I did it was for less then 5 minutes. I just don't remember) , when I came across a small park dedicated to Route 66. What I found interesting was that some of the original pavement was in that park and how narrow it was. Maybe someday, I can travel all the way from Chicago to Santa Monica.
08-19-2019, 03:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Nice photos.

I have wanted to do the Route 66 trip for awhile now. I have been on parts of it here and there when I drove through New Mexico and Arizona.

I was in Springfield Illinois a few years back. Sadly, I didn't have a camera with me or the time to stop(I might have stopped and if I did it was for less then 5 minutes. I just don't remember) , when I came across a small park dedicated to Route 66. What I found interesting was that some of the original pavement was in that park and how narrow it was. Maybe someday, I can travel all the way from Chicago to Santa Monica.

Yes, the stopping was quick. We only spent a few minutes at each location. I wanted to stop in Joliet and take some photos of the old police station and a few other landmarks, but our time was limited.