Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 76 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2019, 02:46 AM - 2 Likes   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think the best way to enjoy taking photos is to take them when you want to not feel that you need to.
Working out what I can do in the here and now rather than putting pressure on yourself to capture the perfect image.
The friendship that comes with having someone to discuss your photos with.

---------- Post added 12-28-2019 at 09:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jarlaxle2k5 Quote
I am happy since I married my K1 😁👍
My other woman sometimes gets jealous as well.

Thanks for sharing the video Robgski

12-28-2019, 07:22 AM   #32
Veteran Member

I would like to be able to take pics Everyday. Because of lack of time I at least manage to take pics every Week. So I guess I am a partly happy photographer
12-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's comments. Glad that folks are enjoying this thread.

I have updated the first post with additional ideas and tips.

- Craig
01-31-2020, 07:56 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do get frustrated that I cannot take images every day, and a life on the road makes post processing a challenge, but mow that I have come to terms with my situation, I am determined to make the most of the days I have to make images, and will develop a mobile workflow, and even if I cannot use everyday capturing and posting images, I can at least make the most of the moment I have.

I'm also pretty happy with th gear I have.

09-05-2020, 06:57 PM - 7 Likes   #35
Pentaxian

I really love this thread, everything about it except that it kind of ran out of gas a long time ago. Therefore I shall resurrect it and hopefully it will start to grow again.

What makes me a happy photographer includes the following:

Collecting and curating a my gear collection.
Carrying the camera with me literally everywhere.
Limiting the gear I carry to one prime on one camera most of the time.
Curating images, keywording, editing, and displaying the photos online.
Sharing and discussing all things photography here at Pentax Forums.
Printing images, including most recently a decision to print out a large number of images in 4x6 format for a scrapbook.
Reviewing images that are years old, and being able to recall the sights, smells, and sounds there when I took the photo.

I am weird. I enjoy holding the camera and/or lens in my hand, sort of like Golem and his Preciousssss. I cycle through all my gear, making sure that each lens gets used regularly. I carry a camera with me everywhere, taking photos which are limited in whatever way the gear limits. I enjoy the tactile use of the camera during the photo taking process, the technical exercise of setting up the exposure, the creative act of finding focus and composing the image, and the aesthetic joy of watching raw images come alive in Lightroom.

That's what makes me happy.