Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2019, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

For anyone who missed Stephen’s (Kosmo Photo) fantastic article posted in the Film forum...

Pentax ESII: The camera that captured rock's most iconic photograph - Kosmo Foto

Worth a read

09-29-2019, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
For anyone who missed Stephen’s (Kosmo Photo) fantastic article posted in the Film forum...

Pentax ESII: The camera that captured rock's most iconic photograph - Kosmo Foto

Worth a read
That is a perfect follow up. Anyone who read the OP article will love this.
09-29-2019, 06:39 AM   #18

I met Pennie Smith while shooting a Manic Street Preachers gig in 2007, and she was still shooting on the very ESII she shot that Clash gig on.

Written a piece on it - I went out and bought two ESIIs the following week, because good enough for Pennie, good enough for me.

S
09-29-2019, 07:15 AM   #19

Oooops - I just saw it had been posted already...

Cheers

S

10-01-2019, 12:33 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kosmo Foto Quote
I met Pennie Smith while shooting a Manic Street Preachers gig in 2007, and she was still shooting on the very ESII she shot that Clash gig on.

Written a piece on it - I went out and bought two ESIIs the following week, because good enough for Pennie, good enough for me.

S
hey
Welcome to the Pentaxforums
10-01-2019, 01:08 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote

Worth a read
Thanks for posting!
10-01-2019, 12:04 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Forum Member

This has always been one of my favourite musician photos. The cover for London Calling is the only album cover which I can remember where and when I saw it for the first time. I was 10 years old, shopping in a suburban mall with my mom and grandmother. It was such a visceral image it totally caught my attention. I thought about buying the album solely for the cover. I was not even familiar with the Clash - I think I needed to grow up quite a bit before I appreciated their music- but , nonetheless, I seriously pondered spending my very limited money on it. The image was that thought-provoking... even for a 10-year-old.

10-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #23
Pentaxian

One of the great things about vinyl was the large area begging for a great picture. There are/were many great ones as well as many terrible ones.
10-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #24
Pentaxian

100 great album covers. I instantly recognized about 70%.
The 100 Greatest Album Covers | uDiscover
10-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
100 great album covers. I instantly recognized about 70%.
The 100 Greatest Album Covers | uDiscover
Odd. I did not see Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking.
10-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #26
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I notice a couple of comments about the destruction of musical equipment here, and the impending jdemise of the guitar in the phot this thread is discussing.

Apparently no one remembers Jimi Hendrix setting fire to his guitar at the Monterey Pop Festival.

Or the Who destroying their instruments at the end of a show.

But Townshend's Fender got revenge on him at the Tacoma Dome in 1989 when the whammy bar impaled his hand while he was doing the windmill.

10-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Odd. I did not see Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking.
There are too many for all to make it. I think Ratt Invasion of Your Privacy was better than many. It made an impression on me.
On the other hand the best book covers don't register with me. With the exception of Boris Vallejo sci go covers they are just there. Guess you can judge an album but not a book by it's cover.