Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #121
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just now got back in. Now I'm waiting for the page to load. Maybe it will be faster next week when I get off this wireless set up and on Ethernet.

I assume what I see in my gallery is what's been accepted? I mean some of them have a heart in a box, means someone liked them? I'm not entirely sure what the new site is trying to tell me. Click on the link in my signature and hopefully you'll see what I see. Help!!

Last edited by photolady95; 04-21-2020 at 05:27 PM.
04-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #122
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Going to Artist page, it says I have no photos uploaded. That means all I had accepted in the past, are gone.

Here's the link where it tells me that:

https://pentaxphotogallery.com/photolady

Last edited by photolady95; 04-21-2020 at 10:18 PM.
04-22-2020, 12:47 AM   #123
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As I have stated before, use your name to log on, not the userid you had last time.

If you logged on as photolady in the past, the updated site name is now Redacted.

When I created my PPG account (in the old days) it was based on my email account I used for photography. I was able to get into my gallery by entering the name that is listed in the artists drop down list. The name in the artist drop down list is your UserID with no spaces or punctuation.

Last edited by PDL; 04-23-2020 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Links removed at photolady95's request (privacy reasons)
04-22-2020, 04:28 AM   #124
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Thank you very much PDL!! I have now bookmarked that one. I think part of my problem was I was using capital letters in my name.

Now when I get the new router, I can get Ethernet set up, and upload should be faster. Right I'm on wireless and it's slow as heck trying to get anything to upload.

And this one is where I upload photos or not?

https://pentaxphotogallery.com/manage/your-photo-gallery/

And the site you found for me, is the one that has all that's been accepted?

Last edited by photolady95; 04-22-2020 at 04:34 AM.
04-22-2020, 05:01 AM   #125
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Question. In your artist page (old name) is all your photos missing if you haven't uploaded any since the switch over?
04-22-2020, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #126
PDL
Pentaxian

I am afraid you just do not understand what is going on.
When Ricoh relaunched the site they discarded the UserNames used to create individual gallery's, so:
  • In the Pentax/Hoya days we set up galleries using our emails - i.e. phototwit@yougottabekidding.com
  • When logged on the first time you filled out your "real" name i.e. "Firstname Lastname"
  • In order for people to see your gallery, you would search for YOUR NAME not your email alias. i.e. FirstName LastName.
This is the new part:
  • When Ricoh relaunched the PhotoGallery the deleted the alias's (emaill addresses) as the UserID.
  • Ricoh converted the UserName to the "real" username as entered on the site, but with no spaces or punctuation in the name. i.e the UserName changed from phototwit@yougottabekidding.com to FirstnameLastname.
  • In order to get into your populated gallery you must enter for a UserName FirstnameLastname then enter a password.
  • The site should tell you that your password, which may or may not have changed, needs to be updated.
  • If you need to just change your password - then change it - the site forces a password change from Pentax/Hoya to Ricoh.
  • If it says that the password is wrong, then you need to request a password reset. The site will email you a link to change the password - at your previously entered email address.

In order to log on to your gallery you log on where in the dialogue box you enter.
UserName -> FirstnameLastname
Password -> SOmeR3allygo0dLong^complexthing

Boom - you are in your gallery, which has not changed since the old days. All of the images are still there and you can click the appropriate links to modify personal information, set passwords, peruse your gallery images, change things, upload new images and judge images.

Remember, when you are not logged in and you want to see someone's gallery, you search (under Artists) by their NAME not their alias. So in your case we search for Martha Burbaugh or Burbaugh. We do not search for photolady, ever. The gallery is the same as before - because the gallery has not changed. The only thing that changed is the UserName.

Last edited by PDL; 04-22-2020 at 02:05 PM. Reason: multiple points of consistency and clarification
04-22-2020, 03:11 PM   #127
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm afraid I did understand what you said before; however, what I asked about was the artist page where we uploaded our photo to be voted on and if there is no such thing anymore, it's an empty page that all the photos I had previously uploaded to the "artist's page" has no photos in there. And is now called Artist's Dashboard.

Does that mean all my previously uploaded photos have been accepted?

Also, I had to change my email address because the one I used use to log in with no longer exists.

04-22-2020, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #128
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You should see something like this: There are tabs for "All", "Approved", "Pending" and "Declined".
Attached Images

04-22-2020, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #129
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'm afraid I did understand what you said before; however, what I asked about was the artist page where we uploaded our photo to be voted on and if there is no such thing anymore, it's an empty page that all the photos I had previously uploaded to the "artist's page" has no photos in there. And is now called Artist's Dashboard.

Does that mean all my previously uploaded photos have been accepted?

Also, I had to change my email address because the one I used use to log in with no longer exists.
Which gallery are you logged into?

At present you have two galleries. When you get logged in, you will see the menu listed in Mark's post. If you can't log into your old gallery, contact the site to get your information updated.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 04-23-2020 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Links removed at photolady95's request (privacy reasons)
04-23-2020, 02:45 AM   #130
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have one image in the new site because I uploaded it there yesterday.

How do I contact the site to update my information updated?

And Mark, I was on ALL images but there was nothing there.
04-23-2020, 01:21 PM   #131
PDL
Pentaxian

I looked for a contact us link, which used to be there, but it is not available now.

The last time I requested information about the gallery, was just before they relaunched the site. During the early days they did have a contact us link.

As for being on the All Images page - I surmise you were on your new gallery. The old gallery is where your 108 images are stored.

When you search for your photolady alias on the site - nothing shows up.

Attachment 494162

Last edited by PDL; 10-18-2020 at 01:24 PM.
04-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #132
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I have one image in the new site because I uploaded it there yesterday.

How do I contact the site to update my information updated?

And Mark, I was on ALL images but there was nothing there.
As has been pointed out, your problem is that you have two profiles:
Photolady – Artist Gallery – Pentax - where you have only one image;
and
Photolady – Artist Gallery – Pentax - where you have lots. (Coincidentally, this is also the one you link to in your signature.)

Last edited by MarkJerling; 04-23-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: More information added.
04-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #133
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Mark, I had Mike remove my real name from the links PDL posted earlier, please now do the same with the ones you've posted.

I don't have two profiles, I have one Gallery and one Artists Dashboard.
04-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #134
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I assure you, you have two distinct profiles, one with multiple images and one with only one image. Feel free to click on the links. Also, if you don't want your real name to be visible, you may wish to alter your signature line. If you click on the MyPPG link in your signature you'll see that takes you to your (older) profile which shows your real name.

Here's screenshots of both profiles:
Attached Images

Last edited by MarkJerling; 04-23-2020 at 06:54 PM.
04-23-2020, 07:51 PM   #135
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Okay if you two want to call them profiles, fine. but I call them pages. And yes, one is called Gallery the other one is Artist's Dashboard. And they are on separate pages at Ricoh.