Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2020, 09:12 PM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Okay if you two want to call them profiles, fine. but I call them pages. And yes, one is called Gallery the other one is Artist's Dashboard. And they are on separate pages at Ricoh.
If you didn't log on using your old email, then you created a new account. The Artist's Dashboard is what you see when you log in. You won't see the photos in your old account obviously.

04-23-2020, 11:26 PM   #137
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
If you didn't log on using your old email, then you created a new account. The Artist's Dashboard is what you see when you log in. You won't see the photos in your old account obviously.
I couldn't log in using my old email because it doesn't exist and I would not have received the email to reset my password. I had to change everything. But why does my Gallery show my photos in there? And because no one has answered that question yet. If they are no longer in my Dashboard, are they the ones that have been accepted into the Gallery?
04-23-2020, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #138
PDL
Pentaxian

The gallery did not change.
You created a new gallery and when you log in it is to the new single image gallery.

In order to get to the previous gallery with ~108 image you need to log on just like you did before Ricoh relaunched the site.
We have given you direct links to the two galleries - two separate galleries that are as different as mine is to any other gallery. If you hover over the gallery URL's in Mark's last post the URL will show two separate web page's. Since we know your "real Name" we can search in the Artist's dropdown list and it shows two entries for your "real name". That is how I found your new and old galleries.

According to PentaxPhotoGallery there are two galleries with the same name associated with them. Those two separate gallery's are yours.

It is up to you to contact PentaxPhotoGallery if you want to be able to manage your original site. I would check the Ricoh site for contact information as they seem to be in charge of the PentaxPhotoGallery. Pentax Forums and those of us who have tried to be of assistance really can't do this for you.

That said, I will try one more time. Have you clicked on the link in YOUR signature? That is your old gallery - try to log on and see what happens.
04-24-2020, 12:36 AM   #139
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The one in my signature is the new one. I changed that when I finally got back in PPG.

As for logging in with my old email and old password, it says one or the other is wrong. I assumed it was the email because the company that had that email, only allowed me a year to change to another email before they shut it down. That's why I'm using the one I have now, gmail.

When I went to stay with my granddaughter in Jacksonville two years ago, I had my provider shut down my account. Then my brother moved into this house and he setup another account of his own with the same company, so I no longer was able to use my old email when I moved back here.

And yes, I know I have to contact Ricoh, but I thought one of you might know the link to do that but that's okay, I can go there and look around and see what I can find. I'm not a newbie to computers. I've been building my own since 2002.

04-24-2020, 02:14 AM   #140
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Okay if you two want to call them profiles, fine. but I call them pages. And yes, one is called Gallery the other one is Artist's Dashboard. And they are on separate pages at Ricoh.
Sorry, no. We're trying to help you, really.
You have two profiles at PPG. The 'old' profile has a whole heap of images. Here's a screenshot from that one:

Then, you have apparently created a new profile. This is what it looks like: (It only has one image in it shot with a Pentax K-50)

If you compare the two profiles you'll see several hints that they're not the same profile:
1. They list different photographic gear.
2. They have, as noted, different photos. The one profile only has one photo, the other has many. I'm guessing the profile with one photo is the new one?
3. The one has an 'about' line giving some more information about yourself, the other does not.
4. They have different url addresses.

The one in my signature is the new one. I changed that when I finally got back in PPG.
And, your PentaxForums PPG link only links to one of the two profiles, the one with your real name in the url. I suspect it must be the 'old' profile because it has Pentax Kx and K-30 photos in it as well as Pentax K-50 photos.
04-24-2020, 02:20 AM   #141
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
The gallery did not change.
You created a new gallery and when you log in it is to the new single image gallery.

In order to get to the previous gallery with ~108 image you need to log on just like you did before Ricoh relaunched the site.
We have given you direct links to the two galleries - two separate galleries that are as different as mine is to any other gallery. If you hover over the gallery URL's in Mark's last post the URL will show two separate web page's. Since we know your "real Name" we can search in the Artist's dropdown list and it shows two entries for your "real name". That is how I found your new and old galleries.

According to PentaxPhotoGallery there are two galleries with the same name associated with them. Those two separate gallery's are yours.

It is up to you to contact PentaxPhotoGallery if you want to be able to manage your original site. I would check the Ricoh site for contact information as they seem to be in charge of the PentaxPhotoGallery. Pentax Forums and those of us who have tried to be of assistance really can't do this for you.

That said, I will try one more time. Have you clicked on the link in YOUR signature? That is your old gallery - try to log on and see what happens.
Agreed 100%.
04-24-2020, 04:20 AM   #142
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

So why is there two different names for each profile? One says Gallery, the other says Artist Dashboard and Dashboard is where I can upload images.

Btw, I did send an email to Ricoh explaining my problem. They said it would take 1 to 2 days and I'd get a reply.

Last edited by photolady95; 04-24-2020 at 04:54 AM.
04-24-2020, 04:27 AM   #143
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

How about showing me a screenshot of either of you two's Artist pages where the photos have been approved. I think this is what's confusing me.
04-24-2020, 04:52 AM   #144
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Here's what I saw when I clicked on boriscleto's PPG

Benjamin McGann – Artist Gallery – Pentax

And that's exactly what I saw when I did a search for my name in the search bar for Artists.
04-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #145
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Gallery is what other people see, you can also view your own gallery. The Artist Dashboard is what you see when you log in. It's where you upload photos and you can see pending or approved photos.
04-24-2020, 10:11 AM   #146
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The Gallery is what other people see, you can also view your own gallery. The Artist Dashboard is what you see when you log in. It's where you upload photos and you can see pending or approved photos.
Thanks Ben. I don't care about my other photos in my old account, except I wanted to know if the Gallery that other people see is those of mine that have been accepted. I have copies of everything that was in the old account (artist's logon profile) that aren't there in the Dashboard now.
04-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #147
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How about showing me a screenshot of either of you two's Artist pages where the photos have been approved. I think this is what's confusing me.
Here's what you see if you search my name on PPG: (I've added some red mark-ups to make it easier)

As you can see, I'm not logged in - this is what I see when not logged in and what you will see of my profile.

Next, let's log in:

As you can see, the profile page has changed slightly.

Now, let's go to the 'Artist Dashboard' view:

As you can see, this is somewhat different - even the web address changes.

Now, I'm not sure whether you're aware, but when we look at your signature, and if we hover the mouse over your 'My PPG' link, we see the following:

Now, as you can see, that brings up your name. So, we can go to your profile on PPG but then, if we search your name on PPG, we find that you have two separate profiles, one with many images and one with only one image.
Both profiles list your real name. Your link here at this forum, under 'MyPPG', links to the one profile with many images.
04-24-2020, 10:35 PM   #148
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

See above. I got my answer from boriscleto. What I see with my real name and lots of photos are the ones that have been accepted. The one that says "manage/your photo Gallery, is the one with the hawk I uploaded the first day I got back in. The first one with lots of photos is the one I wanted the answer to, nothing else matters to me.
04-24-2020, 10:38 PM   #149
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

See above. I got my answer from boriscleto. What I see with my real name and lots of photos are the ones that have been accepted. The one that says "manage/your photo Gallery, is the one with the hawk I uploaded the first day I got back in. The first one with lots of photos is the one I wanted the answer to, nothing else matters to me.
Well, you asked the question:

And we've been trying to help you with your question and two profiles confusion. Good luck!
04-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #150
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, you did help, you two just went around your elbow to get to your thumb.