Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2019, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #61
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
. . . . . . . rather than a phone like normal people, and it ‘“looked suspicious”.
So, because we have real cameras we're not normal people?

10-05-2019, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So, because we have real cameras we're not normal people?
Yes, that was the implication.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-05-2019 at 04:52 PM.
10-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #63
Pentaxian

I've gotten some people asking what I'm shooting for, personal or commercial, and I always answer that I'm doing personal photography. Where I usually go, though, I don't get that.

---------- Post added 10-05-19 at 12:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by nitehntr Quote
for future reference as long as you are someplace you are entitled to be like a public road or a sidewalk you're good to go. however the national parks are becoming a pain in the backside especially Zion in Utah and recently a friend was given a hard time by a ranger on the skyline drive in virginia. he was using a tripod and a large lens to shoot fall color and was asked for a permit which wasn't required but at the time he didn't know so he packed up and left. i am a retired natural resources police officer and i just don't understand whats going on here. photographers in my experience are among the most concientous people you will see as far as taking care of the land. but after the military and working for state government most of my adult life i know logic never enters into anything
That's actually very good to know about Skyline Drive. I almost went there with my family on vacation this past summer but missed it because we were running late (and it was very expensive to just drive through). I do plan on going back and camping/hiking through the Shenandoah so this is good information to know. I too would've packed up and left and then I'd look up the actual rules about it.
10-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
That's actually very good to know about Skyline Drive. I almost went there with my family on vacation this past summer but missed it because we were running late (and it was very expensive to just drive through). I do plan on going back and camping/hiking through the Shenandoah so this is good information to know. I too would've packed up and left and then I'd look up the actual rules about it.
In addition to the usual tourist traffic on Skyline Drive & Blue Ridge Parkway there is a large amount of pressure from suburban Washington, D.C. residents. In the 70’s when I lived in central Virginia both were essentially deserted on weekdays.

10-05-2019, 05:33 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yes, that was the implication.
and i agree.