Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gavinhw Quote
Nope. GAS hasnít gone away. Lens haul from local swap meet today includes the Tamron 60-300mm zoom in MINT condition. Notice how there is zero lens creep. $65 with immaculate condition original case.

The FA 100-300mm I got for $20. Seems to be adequately sharp on the K-1 stopped down a bit. This will tide me over till the 70-210mm f/4 on the roadmap comes out. Iíve owned the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 but it was simply too heavy.

As for the F 28mm F2.8, Iíve never seen it used and for sale before. Paid $170 for it.

According to the Pentax Forums Lens Database, I think I did OK. :-)
Nice find on the F 28mm, which shows I still have GAS due to me being envious

10-07-2019, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Nice find on the F 28mm, which shows I still have GAS due to me being envious
Stay envious! Vintage Pentax is great stuff.
10-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Had some GAS. Lenses, LBA, mainly. Now have enough lenses to support the kinds of pics I like to take. Focusing on techniques.
10-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #64
The one and only
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
There's always something you need, so GAS is always present. My list of things to get is always evolving depending on amount of cash available, what kind of deals are available and on how desperate the need is. The need for new lenses or cameras is pretty low at the moment, so currently money mainly flows to other hobbies.

Thought dispite on what I just said, I have K3 coming. It was just too good opportunity to upgrade K5 to pass. And I'm waiting to see the black friday offer on one lens...

10-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
Greetings from woodworking fellow
There was a time I used to collect hand planes Now it's over; I had sold some of them (still have more than I need) and bought some lenses instead
You can get over the tool buying but not the wood buying.

Stanley really understood and exploited GAS 120 years ago.