Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2019, 06:13 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Hi, Lisa - nice to hear another voice from the UK (I presume ?)

As for tripods - mine have legs that will splay for low-viewpoint shots - unfortunately, nowadays, my own legs won't let me get down there ! If I intend that kind of shot, I carry a small 'fisherman's stool' and use a right-angle viewfinder, bending down until my back tells me to desist. Best of macro luck, anyway - another item I have found useful is a focus-slide, for accurate framing and manual focus at given magnifications.

10-09-2019, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #32
Forum Member

Original Poster
I know what you mean about legs not wanting to let you get too low lol. I am indeed from the UK :-). My mini tripod is great for hides and quite sturdy. My big one is very light weight (Manfrotto Compact Action Aluminum Tripod) and can suffer if there is a breeze, so definitely need something more sturdy.

I did go out and find some spiders on webs earlier, but the wind was blowing and so couldn't find a spider and web that was not vibrating in the accursed wind lol.
10-09-2019, 06:45 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Hides - so, birding too. Hmmm - interesting. Any time you want to buy me a slap-up meal, you are more than welcome LOL !
10-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benbo tripods are made in UK and likely ideal for your needs.
My wife uses one for macro work, often just inches off the ground.

Note: DO NOT confuse Benbo with Benro, a suspiciously similar name...

Chris